Manager of Pricing & Value
Manager of Pricing and Value
The Manager of Pricing and Value will work closely with the Firm Partners and executive leadership to create competitive, market-forward pricing proposals for new and existing clients that also meet the Firm's strategic objectives. This high-profile role will collaborate with many areas of the Firm, including Legal Project Management, Finance, Business Development, and Practice Department leadership. A successful candidate will possess superior communication skills combined with a deep knowledge of law firm economics.
- Develop, negotiate, and implement custom fee arrangements that satisfy the client's business objectives while meeting firm strategic and financial requirements
- Advise attorneys on fee arrangements specific to key practice areas and industries and stewarding them through the firm's pricing approval process
- Model pricing scenarios and effectively communicate the risks, opportunities, and projected outcomes within various billing arrangements to firm leadership
- Drive strategic enhancement of offerings for the firm's various departments with a particular focus on corporate & litigation practices
- Coach and mentor team members with the potential for direct management of analysts
- Collaborate with Client Operations, Finance & Legal Project Management on special projects, pricing modeling improvements, and more efficient workflows across teams
- Partner with the Business Development team to develop attractive and inventive market offerings
- Support the development and execution of pricing education efforts for attorneys and business services stakeholders around key initiatives such a client and matter level profitability reporting and annual rate increases
- Review fee arrangements, special provisions, and terms and conditions within client engagements to ensure compliance with firm-wide policies and procedures
- Research industry benchmarks to identify pricing trends and opportunities for commercial improvements
- Assist in the development of matter taxonomies to more effectively understand the cost of matter phases and tasks to better scope and price matters
- Bachelor's degree required; degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role in an industry or professional services firm in positions of increasing responsibility. Law firm experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and a high level of proficiency in Word and PowerPoint required
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Must have the ability to interact effectively with firm clients, attorneys, and firm professional staff at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft proposals and other internal and external communications
- Interest in and ability to understand the legal/business environment, including industry and related practice terminology. Litigation funding experience a plus.
This position will require periodic physical presence in the office on a weekly basis. The anticipated compensation range for this position is $140,000 – $170,000. The actual salary offered will be based on a number of factors including but not limited to the qualifications of the applicant, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.