Position: Billing Coordinator
This position reports to the Billing Supervisor in the New York Office. The Billing Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of client billing. The coordinator should demonstrate exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical skills and critical thinking. The candidate should also have excellent writing and oral communication skills, be self-motivated, able to work independently and multi-task. Must be flexible for overtime.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Review matter set up to ensure proper coding and compliance with client billing guidelines, including rates, task codes and ebilling. Proactively follow with timekeepers/assistants, ebilling vendor and clients as needed.
- Provide budgets, billing forecasts and ad hoc reporting to clients and management.
- Process client bills, including, but not limited to, proforma generation, narrative edits, task codes, creating ledes files.
- Proactively follow up on past due invoices, including communicating with attorneys, clients and Director of Collections.
- Submit ebills, resolve rejections/adjustments, following through until invoices are paid, working through ehub and various ebilling sites.
- Act as the main point of contact for all billing related questions or concerns for assigned attorneys, clients and management.
- Handle ad hoc requests from management, Billing Supervisor and Director of Billing.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Prior experience in the legal industry preferred.
- Experience with Elite/Aderant preferred. Experience with 3E a plus.
- Proficient in Excel.
The salary range for this position is between $75,000-$85,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.