Business Development Specialist – Private Equity
Business Development Specialist – Private Equity
Our client is looking for a trusted adviser to support the global expansion of its market-leading private equity practice. The Private Equity Specialist is a partner-facing client and business development role based in New York with global responsibilities that include the U.S. and UK. The Specialist will work with firm partners, business development colleagues and business professionals throughout the firm to grow revenue and relationships in connection with the global private equity practice.
In this role, you will work closely with high-profile private equity partners across M&A, leveraged finance, capital markets and investment funds, senior business development leadership, as well as operational teams throughout the firm on key initiatives for the global private equity practices. As the Business Development Specialist, you will be involved in the end-to-end execution of the strategic vision for the firm’s global private equity initiatives as well as the broader transactional department. You will be exposed to the firm’s full capabilities as an active participant in the cross-selling, and key client and industry group initiatives.
- Together with the Business Development Managers and Directors, and business development colleagues across practices, the Private Equity Business Development Specialist will:
- Support the execution of strategic private equity priorities, including those specific to practice groups, geographies, client teams, industry groups and individual partners, as well as regularly track and report on progress.
- Work with the Business Development Managers and Directors to execute individual lawyer, corporate department and firm business development and marketing objectives.
- Work closely with the department’s embedded analysis professionals to monitor marketplace and competitive developments that impact existing and prospective clients, and quickly react to lead generation opportunities.
- Optimize US/UK private equity opportunities in coordination with business development colleagues throughout the firm.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to meet rolling M&A, Leveraged Finance, Capital Markets and Private Funds league table submission deadlines and effectively implement processes to more efficiently mine data and improve data collection.
- Obtain client, prospect, and market research, working with the firm’s Competitive Intelligence Group, as needed.
- Work with the firm’s event professionals and other members of the business development department to execute details of events, sponsorships, speaking engagements and thought leadership.
- Prepare pitch materials, responses to RFPs, and other client presentations for the firm’s private equity practices and collaborate on cross-practice materials as needed.
- Review and proof various directory and award submissions for relevant practice areas in coordination with the firm’s content team and prepare them for partner review and final submission.
- Handle marketing and business development database updates, including practice and matter descriptions, website, biographies, mailing lists and CRM.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a successful business development or marketing role in a professional services environment focused on a corporate practice is a requirement.
- Knowledge of M&A/Private Equity, Fund Formation, Capital Markets and Financing is also required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information and facts to provide brief yet detailed company profiles, industry overviews, biographical summaries, and analyze key matters, industry trends and competitive intelligence.
- The ability to think critically, analyze data effectively and convey complex information clearly.
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project management.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing and presentation capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to support attorneys with a wide range of business development goals and marketing skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Highly organized with a meticulous diligence.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
- A solid command of software applications to produce high-end, professional work product, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with corporate research platforms, including Bloomberg, Refinitiv, Capital IQ, Mergermarket, Pitchbook, Preqin, Debtwire, The Deal and Deal Point Data is a plus.
- Experience with InterAction or an equivalent Contact Relationship Management (CRM) system is a plus
- This role requires interaction with firmwide attorneys and administrative personnel on a regular basis, as well as communicating information to various groups within the broader marketing/business development department. The successful candidate will possess outstanding proofreading and communication (oral and written) skills, and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a demanding environment with meticulous attention to detail and a professional demeanor.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to respond to calls-to-action outside of standard business hours.
- Early mornings, after hours and weekends may be required
This is a hybrid role which requires in-office attendance in accordance with the schedule set forth by the department. A hybrid schedule is an essential function of this role.
$110,000 – $125,000. They offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.