Business Development Analyst
Business Development Analyst
The Analyst – Business Development works with lawyers, Business Development, Communications, Creative Services and other administrative staff to assist with efforts to generate increased business for the Firm. They will leverage research, writing, technical and communication skills to coordinate initiatives of the M&A and Corporate Governance practice areas and related sub-groups . The Analyst will work closely with the partners and help the Business Development Manager in business planning and strategy.
The incumbent will be required to work overtime depending on the needs of the practice area lawyers and business development department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support partners in preparing targeted presentations (pitch books, short form brochures and deal sheets), in a manner that effectively communicates the Firm’s relevant experience and articulates clear reasons why the Firm should be retained.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director, identify relevant transactional or regulatory precedents by industry, geography and type of transaction or matter.
- Customize materials for the target client or prospect.
- Complete production aspects (editing, fact checking, proofreading, assembling) to ensure materials are delivered accurately and on time.
- Work with Coordinator on team to update lawyer biographies over multiple channels (print, digital)
- Maintain a complete record of all pitches, meetings and outreach of any type in the Firm’s CRM (Client Relationship Management) system.
- Assist with submissions to league tables, directories, guides and other surveys.
- Work closely with members of the Digital and Communications teams in website and social media posts.
- Coordinate competitive intelligence research, used to update lawyers on market trends.
- Follow Firm news, note wins and maintain the practice experience database and updates in the CRM system.
- Working with the Senior Manager and/or Analyst, draft compelling marketing descriptions which communicate unique aspects of the deal and keep metrics up to date (type of deal, value, currency, etc.) Collaborate with worldwide staff to ensure marketing materials are updated on a global scale.
- Assist senior manager in driving strategy of the assigned practice groups.
- Coordinate content aspects of marketing conferences and other events and in this capacity; work with the Special Events department.
- Coordinate efforts with the Communications and Digital Marketing teams in the practice’s visibility program; on internal communications on S&C This Week, external communications on external website and social media, and to maintain practice details and lawyer bios on external website.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining Firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the Firm’s information security policies, protecting Firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Excellent writing/editing, proofreading, grammar and research skills (a writing and editing test is required)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of transactional terminology and processes, as well as basic understanding of litigation terminology.
- Proficiency in standard spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation applications (e.g., Excel, Dynamics, Access, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint are pluses), as well as with a variety of online and new media information resources. Knowledge of any CRM system is also helpful. The Firm provides additional training in core software programs, if needed, to enhance skills and speed of work.
- An ability to handle time-sensitive requests from multiple lawyers, across time zones, and to generate quality work product in a fast-paced environment. Excellent interpersonal skills. Deadline oriented.
- A commitment to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism.
Education and/or experience
- Three to five years of experience working for a law firm, financial institution or other professional services firm.
- Experience with communication at the Partner/Executive level.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; JD or Master's degree is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The base salary range offered for this role will be between $90,000 and $105,000. When determining a candidate’s compensation offer, elements unique to each person are taken into consideration including but not limited to skill set, experience level, performance, professional certifications, degrees and location, as well as the needs of the Firm. The total compensation package for this position may include overtime pay, discretionary bonuses and other benefits.