Conflicts & Intake Coordinator
Our client is looking for a Conflicts and Intake Coordinator. This position can be remote in one of these cities -Raleigh, Chicago, DC, LA, Seattle, or Kansas City; however, must have the ability to come into the office, if needed.
Responsible for Maintaining Daily Workflow, Running Conflict Checks, and Making Client/Matter adjustments. As a NBI Coordinator, you are required to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality at all times.
- Responsible for managing NBI projects including RFPs, pitches, and large bankruptcy and litigation matters – work includes the review of information, running ad hoc searches, and distribution and review of assignments to Coordinators.
- Manage and review Client Matter Change Form e-mails – includes analysis of information, making determination on what steps need to be taken before changes are made, and coordinating the distribution and review of the assignments among the coordinators.
- Facilitate status of requests moving through the system to address any issues that are holding a matter up or to resolve issues with opening of a matter.
- Oversee clean-up of Conflicts of Interest Reports before they are sent to the attorney
- Maintain functional knowledge of New Business Intake concepts, research, party dissections, and analysis of data and compilation of material.
- Train and mentor new NBI staff by vetting their work and providing feedback on professional development.
- Partner with Conflicts Counsel in facilitating quick movement of workflow request and pending conflicts issues
- Maintain/Coordinate/Update the New Hire database and employee change transactions
- Maintain admin functionality in all databases which includes attaching documents, moving requests along to next steps, and deleting erroneous search logs.
- Process lateral requests – Reviewing Lateral Partner Questionnaires, running conflict searches on listed parties, preparing/updating lateral summary report.
- Maintain/Erect ethical walls in Security Policy Manager (SPM) for the department
- Process ad hoc searches for attorneys and conflicts counsel as needed
- Collaborate with Supervisors with Quality Assurance checks for NBI Coordinators and NBI Senior Coordinator
- Disperse projects to the team such as departing attorney reports, client/matter transfers, etc.
- Consult the NBI Reference Manual for proper procedures and information
- Maintain client and employee confidence; protects operations by safeguarding confidential information
- Maintain system integrity for NBI databases including party name clean-up and review for accurate information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word applications and the use of online databases and resources (e.g., Intapp, Dun & Bradstreet)
The salary range for this position is between $65,000 and $75,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.