Legal Administrative Assistant (Litigation)
Legal Administrative Assistant
Our client, a multi-office, AMLaw 200 law firm, is seeking to expand their Legal Administrative Assistant team in the Ridgeland, MS office. They are looking for talented legal assistants with experience in business and litigation practice areas. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, excellent problem-solving skills, and is excited to work in a fast-paced law firm environment supporting clients with a large geographic scope. They offer a competitive benefits package, in-house training opportunities, and generous paid time off.
Essential functions of the job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordination or management of email, calendars, contact information, tasks or similar communications activities utilizing systems such as Outlook or manual systems
- Coordination or management of phone calls, voice mail messages, or conference calls
- Drafting, revising, proofreading or transcribing documents, presentations or correspondence
- Effectively and efficiently processes workflow through the firm’s case management system (SupportSystem)
- Maintaining legal and confidential dockets and/or files
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change (expected and unexpected) and balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer Service – Ability to work in collaboration within a group to ensure that internal and external clients are satisfied; includes the desire to understand client concerns and build trust.
- Diligence – Monitors, proofreads and takes ownership of work product for accuracy, ability to apply organizing strategies to ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and resources are used effectively and efficiently, and performs independently with little supervision.
- Effective Communication (Written and Verbal) – Ability to communicate clearly and coherently, interpreting information and adapting communication to suit particular situations and audience needs. Demonstrates excellent communication, grammatical and proofreading skills.
- Ethics – Keeps client and firm information confidential at all times; understands and implements general rules of ethical behavior applicable to legal personnel.
- Interpersonal Skills – Proactively demonstrates effective teamwork and communication with team members, actively participates in team meetings, prioritizes and anticipates work needs, and works well under occasional periods of pressure and short deadlines.
- Technology Skills – Possesses strong knowledge of computer operation, spreadsheet software and word processing software. The use of Microsoft products and office technology – to include imaging and scanning applications – is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to attorneys, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 6+ years of experience as a legal secretary and/or other relevant experience in a professional services setting.