Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Our client has an opening for a Human Resources (HR) Manager in Washington, DC office. The HR Manager will provide support to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and the Director of Human Resources. The HR Manager will monitor and report on labor law compliance, handle and process all employee medical leave benefits, FMLA, workers compensation, salary continuation, STD, LTD, etc., assist with the budget process and monthly variances, complete surveys, and take the lead on conducting staff orientation. The HR Manager will work on general HR matters as they arise in collaboration with the CHRO and Director of Human Resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the CHRO and the Director of Human Resources with a wide range of responsibilities including processing check requests and expenses through Chrome River, creating spreadsheets, Smartsheets, Word documents, PowerPoint, etc.
- Processing and handling all employee medical leave benefits, FMLA, workers compensation, salary continuation, STD, LTD, reasonable accommodations, etc. Utilizing AbsenceSoft for employee leave as well as other tracking methods.
- Planning events such as Staff Appreciation Week, HR Quarterly Meetings/Celebrations, Service Awards, and other programs hosted by the HR Department with guidance from the CHRO and the Director of Human Resources.
- Handling day-to-day staff inquiries regarding a variety of HR matters that arise.
- Overseeing the staff employment verification process.
- Preparing the monthly variances for the DC HR Department and assisting with the budget process.
- Serving as the primary person conducting staff orientations as well as working closely with the Talent Department for attorney orientations, preparing orientation materials and updating orientation and onboarding programs, as necessary.
- Generating and sorting information within databases and Excel spreadsheets/Smartsheets.
- Completing firm and staff salary surveys in collaboration with other HR colleagues for submission.
- Overseeing the maintenance of all electronic and physical personnel files.
- Overseeing the Departure Audit Process as well sending communications regarding the offboarding process for staff.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years of supervisory and management required.
- Minimum two years of experience in human resources and experience with processing human resources data in a law firm, corporate or professional services environment.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and/or related software.
- Proficiency in working with HR databases and Smartsheets. Knowledge of AbsenceSoft or other leave tracking software is a plus.
- Ability to take various forms of raw data and organize the data accordingly.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proven reliability, dependability, and motivation.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional client service.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.