Our client is searching for a Trademark Paralegal to join their trademark, copyright, advertising and media team in our Intellectual Property practice group. Work alongside top lawyers and legal professionals to make a difference servicing their clients with a full range of trademark and brand management services. Join their team where you will make an impact and be rewarded for contributing to the firm’s success.
What you would do:
- Manage US and Foreign Prosecution Filings.
- Conduct and review trademark searches and draft opinion letters for attorney review.
- Prepare trademark status summary reports.
- Prepare extension requests, statements of use, declarations of use and incontestability, renewal applications.
- Prepare and record assignment documentation.
- Prepare foreign filing cost estimates.
- Compile documentation required for foreign filings.
- Correspond with foreign associates on filing and prosecuting applications and renewing registrations.
- Prepare and/or obtain documents for legalization.
- Assist with recording trademarks with Customs and Border Protection.
- Assist with registration, maintenance and transfer of domain names.
- Assist with copyright filings.
What is expected:
- Energetic, organized, detail orientated and disciplined with the willingness to work hard.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, through effective communication strategies.
- Ability to manage workflow and work under tight deadlines and other time constraints, with competing and shifting priorities.
- Ability to bill 1550 hours annually.
- Ability to effectively manage projects.
What we offer:
- Flexible working environment for work-life success
- Opportunity to participate in firm-sponsored volunteer events
- Wellness programming with personalized content and activities
- Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their fields
- Variety of health plan options, as well as dental, vision and 401(k) plans
- Generous paid time off
What is required:
- A paralegal certificate and/or 4-year college degree.
- 2+ years of previous trademark experience preferred.
- Previous copyright experience preferred.