Senior Conflicts Analyst
Senior Conflicts Analyst
The Conflicts Analyst will support the Conflict Department's day-to-day tasks of conflicts of
interest clearance, as well as assisting with special projects related to the firm's professional responsibility, compliance, and conflicts initiatives.
Position Specific Skills and Requirements:
- Work closely with the Attorneys, General Counsel, Conflicts Manager, and other members of the New Business Intake Group on the identification, review, analysis, and resolution of conflicts of interest and other issues, and the processing of new business submissions.
- Review and evaluate new business intake forms ensuring submitted party or matter information is correct and following up with Partners for more information if necessary.
- Select and analyze the conflicts results while highlighting critical issues and communicating this information directly with firm partners.
- Assist the department with a wide range of research and other requests as may be assigned.
- Conduct due diligence and extensive research including utilizing corporate databases to determine ownership structure.
- Assist with maintenance of all conflicts related databases.
- Assist in maintenance of engagement letter files.
- Generate, analyze, and summarize lateral candidate conflicts report.
Experience and General Requirements:
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in a law firm or other professional services firm.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency using LegalKEY is preferred.
- Experience using research applications such as Capital IQ and WorldCheckOne, Mergent Conflict Search, Dun & Bradstreet and/or Hoovers is preferred.
- General knowledge or experience with Intapp Open, Intapp Conflicts, iManage Conflicts, iManage Intake and/or Upfront software is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative in exercising independent judgment and decision making in order to handle multiple functions in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment and to adapt quickly to changes in workflow, processes and procedures.
- Well-organized, with an ability to prioritize and quickly identify critical tasks.
- Ability to assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as requested.
- Ability to manage projects and assignments while maintaining tight deadlines.
- Operate with general or minimum supervision.
- Coordinate with other team members to meet deadlines.
- Strong team player who also works well individually.
- Provide on-call coverage as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. They take affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The salary range for this position is between $80,000 and $90,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.