Los Angeles CA
Real Estate Paralegal
Real Estate Paralegal
The Real Estate Paralegal (Legal Specialist) is responsible for providing support to, and is an integral member of, the Real Estate Section. The position reports to the Real Estate Paralegal Manager.
This role can be located in the Los Angeles or San Diego locations.
- Coordinate purchase and sale transactions (commercial, office, retail, and high net worth residential), loan transactions, joint ventures, ground-lease transactions and development transactions.
- Conduct comprehensive title and survey reviews for commercial real estate transactions, including but not limited to, the review of title insurance commitments and ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys; prepare comprehensive title and survey summaries, including document abstracts, for internal section review and external client review.
- Negotiate diligence materials with title companies, surveyors and zoning companies, including, but not limited to, title insurance policy pro formas, ALTA/NSPS land title surveys and zoning analysis reports.
- Draft title objection letters, title response letters, conveyance documents, and other title clearance documents, including, but not limited to, estoppel certificates, subordination agreements, releases, memorandums and notices.
- Advise on and coordinate title clearance matters; manage related transaction deadlines.
- Prepare and review drafts of leases and amendments.
- Advise attorneys and clients on ALTA title insurance standards and NSPS survey standards.
- Coordinate execution and recording of closing documents.
- Maintain proper post-closing records in accordance with Real Estate Section and firm procedures, including closing binders and post-closing title clearance items.
- Participate in ongoing Real Estate Paralegal group and Real Estate Section professional development, including the mentoring of junior paralegals and junior attorneys.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- This role requires 60% in office presence; remote work is permissible 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of transactional experience, preferably in a commercial real estate practice of a large or mid-sized law firm with a billable hour requirement.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Creative problem solving skills, reasoning ability, and logical thought process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands, and meet various deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and positive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Must be self-motivated to produce quality work.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.
The salary range for this position in CA is $80,000 to $110,000. This position is bonus eligible.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package.
This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this position.