Our client is looking for an experienced Litigation Paralegal for the Complex Commercial Litigation group in their Tysons office. The ideal candidate will have at least 7-10 years of experience in commercial litigation, including performing legal research, organizing documents, and assisting in document production, assisting with and preparing basic pleadings, assisting and responding to discovery requests and production of documents, court filings (federal and state), and preparing for
- Assists attorneys with preparation of legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, and discovery-related materials.
- Experience in filing in both state and federal courts, including appellate courts. Ensures filings are in compliance with state and federal court rules and e-filing documents therein.
- Collects, organizes, and maintains documents and files related to legal matters, including documents received from the client, opposing parties or other sources.
- Tracks and monitors active cases as needed. Manages calendars, docket, and tickler systems, and assists in meeting deadlines.
- Drafts basic correspondence and pleadings, assisting and responding to discovery requests and production of documents, court filings (federal and state), and preparing for trial.
- Conducts research using LEXIS, Westlaw, or other relevant research platforms to support the needs of the client.
- Performs basic factual research and investigation related to client matters and other due diligence as appropriate.
- Proofreads legal documents.
- Manages and works with outside vendors such as discovery and trial services vendors.
- 7-10 years of complex commercial litigation experience is preferred.
- Must have experience handling caseload of fast-paced/multi-party litigation matters.
- Experience preparing for and attending depositions and trial.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, particularly with case files/document management.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Advanced technical skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and e-discovery platforms (Relativity, Concordance)