Executive Assistant/Legal Administrative Assistant
Provides operational and legal administrative support to assist Office Managing Partner in practicing law, including both non billable and billable responsibilities.
- Prepares reports for clients/insurers to fulfill both routine and as-needed reporting requirements
- Drafts, transcribes, and types wide range of documents and correspondence with high degree of accuracy for attorney review
- Enters time, both for the Office Managing Partner and as an individual timekeeper, in adherence with firm time entry standards
- Reviews and suggests edits to monthly prebills (WIPS or Proformas)
- Gathers information to open new client and new matter files
- Prepares expense reports
- Manages incoming and outgoing emails, phone calls, mail, and faxes
- Schedules appointments
- Makes travel arrangements
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with people from both in and outside of the firm, from various departments (billing, accounting, tech support, business development, etc.) as well as department team members (attorneys, paralegals, LAAs, etc.) to meet deadlines and advance department goals
- Provides secondary backup support for Legal Administrative Assistants
- Supports Office Managing Partner with marketing efforts, including planning presentations, conferences, and social events
- Oversees North Dakota closing document process, including preparing settlement documentation, communicating with counterparts at plaintiffs’ firms, and following up on outstanding issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: At least 10 years of legal administrative assistant or executive assistant experience
- Required skills: Typing a minimum of 70 wpm, transcription ability, proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications, and strong knowledge of litigation process and legal terminology.
- Required competencies: Strong attention to detail, excellent verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills, positive and professional attitude, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Additional Comments: Position requires billing approximately 20-30 hours per month. Position is primarily remote, with the ability to work in office as attorney needs dictate.