An Applications Engineer develops high-quality software, identifies and executes tasks in the application integration between various systems, collaborates with internal teams and vendors, and ensures application is up-to-date with the latest technologies. Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and project management expertise to deliver successful application integrations. Responsible to drive projects forward, mentor junior team members, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives, coordinate across AFS team members and service providers. By delivering quality and efficient application integration, you will contribute to the success of the organization and make a meaningful impact in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve process of integration
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Maintains a high level of product quality via monitoring, testing, alerting, troubleshooting, and taking corrective measures
- Ability to step into various project and coding roles in order to keep forward momentum
- Cultivate professional relationships across the Firm to understand and interpret business challenges and apply a technology lens to solve them
- Share knowledge and insight on system capabilities with leadership, peers, and cross-functional teams
- Informal mentorship of technologists across the IT landscape guiding them to make well defined technology choices and provide aid when needed
- Possess a strong understanding of how department and team goals fit a business need and apply it accordingly to projects and day-to-day work with a whole system approach
- Understand, design, and creation of complex end-to-end solutions and/or integrations bridging disparate systems and data repositories for seamless cross-sharing of information
- Knowledgeable in SSRS, SSIS, PowerBI, SFTP, IIS, ActiveDirectory, SQL Server/RDMS, and Windows OS
- SQL Server Administration with focus on query performance tuning, stored procedure coding, and SSIS package composition
- Serves as product expert and primary support to many high visibility commercial tools (Litera Forte, DocXtools, Metadact, Create, Compare, Intapp Time; Conflicts and Walls, eDockets, eMailSignature, PSShip, BigHand Workflow)
Communication and Proactiveness:
- Proactive and self-starting to ensure completion of assignments on time.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to promote a culture of security.
- Understanding of business operations and how the data flows and integrates with various systems
- Ability to align automation and data security with overall business goals.
- An attitude of continuous learning and staying up-to-date with the latest software development knowledge.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Relevant certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solution Developer.
- 10+ years of experience in application development as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).