Information Technology Asset Manager
IT Asset Manager
Summary: The IT Asset Manager is a subject matter expert responsible for the lifecycle management and governance of the Firm’s technology assets. This role ensures that IT assets are properly inventoried, maintained, and disposed of according to established policies and procedures. Working in close coordination with technical teams and cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., Finance & Accounting, Procurement, Information Security), the IT Asset Manager establishes, enforces, monitors, and continuously improves asset management processes, standards, and controls. The combination of attention to detail, analytical skills, and ability to partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders allows this individual to ensure the efficient and effective use of IT assets.
- College degree is strongly preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Appropriate technical certification(s) are preferred (e.g., ITIL v4, CITAM).
- 7+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a large Law Firm setting, a comparable professional services organization, or a legal information services provider.
- Demonstrated experience designing an enterprise ITAM framework, preferably in a professional services or Legal Firm.
- Demonstrated experience establishing appropriate structure, size, and scale for the IT asset management discipline, balancing the risk posture of the Firm with the organizational size and maturity.
- Demonstrated experience designing, supporting, and continuously improving IT asset repositories.
- Demonstrated experience with leading systems and tools for IT asset management, discovery, and automation / workflow capabilities (e.g., ServiceNow, Tanium).
- Demonstrated experience working in a time-sensitive, high-visibility environment.
- Experience in leading and influencing IT staff of all levels to adopt ITAM standards, processes, and controls.
- Experience with business process re- engineering to achieve performance improvement outcomes.
- Strong service orientation, and an understanding of the importance of developing effective working relationships with users and organizational stakeholders of all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a change agent, leading and inspiring others to act, especially under circumstances when change is unpopular.
- Highly motivated, analytical, organized, and efficient.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the Firm’s IT asset management (ITAM) program in partnership with the Director of Service Management, inclusive of procedures, processes, and controls for inventory management, software licensing, maintenance, and disposal.
- Supports the definition of guidelines for the use of IT assets in partnership with Information Security.
- Partners with cross-functional stakeholders for the procurement of new IT assets and disposition of legacy assets to establish appropriate controls and processes for preserving an accurate and dynamic enterprise asset inventory.
- Monitors the organization's IT assets to ensure they are being used appropriately and provides regular reports on their usage.
- Works with other technical and non-technical departments to ensure that IT assets are being used efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains the Firm’s database / system of record for assets (e.g., software, hardware) and configuration management (CMDB), ensuring that the records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Leads the design and oversees the execution of standards and operational processes for configuration management.
- Leads the ongoing buildout of configuration information to support IT Service Management and Information Security processes (e.g., incident, problem, technical change, release management, risk management).
- Proactively identifies opportunities for simplification, cost savings, risk-reduction, and efficiency across the Firm’s technology / asset estate.
- Serves as the business owner of enterprise asset management solutions, actively leading the design and experience for IT and non-IT users.
- Actively evaluates industry solutions to drive continuous improvement and automation for ongoing asset management activities.
- Works with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and apply design enhancements to ITAM technology to drive process effectiveness and uphold standards.
- Partners with Information Security leads on the recurring asset management certification process in coordination with system owners to satisfy requirements of Firm leadership and external entities (e.g., cyber insurers).
- Defines and monitors asset management service management levels / key performance indicators in partnership with IT functional leadership and solution/ service team owners.
- Ensures that IT service level agreements (SLAs) are understood and measured for delivery.
- Informs the strategic design other Service Management technology systems, solutions, and/or modules that enable and/or support asset management.
- Partners with IT solution teams and 3rd party providers as needed to apply and maintain features
- Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices relative to IT asset management, cultivates and disseminates knowledge across technical and non- technical teams.
- Manages asset risks and issues that may affect IT services and end-user productivity
- Maintains the ongoing ITAM budget required for achieving established strategic objectives.