Trademark Docketing Clerk
Trademark Docketing Clerk (Paralegal Department)
Responsible for docketing deadlines and managing databases of domestic and foreign trademark registrations and applications, trademark opposition, cancellation and invalidity proceedings and domain name registrations.
- Minimum of 2-3 years trademark docketing clerk experience.
- Familiarity with WebTMS and/or CPI Trademark Management software (or similar web-based software).
- Familiarity with trademark prosecution filings and requirements, including types of trademark applications and requirements for statements of use, extension requests, affidavits of use and incontestability, renewal applications and other papers filed with the USPTO.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously; work equally well as part of a team in both a leadership and subordinate role; and excellent organizational skills.
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university is strongly preferred.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. Our client will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input all deadlines and other information relating to domestic and foreign trademark registrations and applications and trademark opposition, cancellation, and invalidity proceedings.
- Review docket on a regular basis to ensure that deadlines are met and that lawyers/paralegals are notified on a regular basis of upcoming deadlines.
- Generate trademark deadlines and status reports as needed.
- Manage database of domain name registrations.
- Prepare standard form letters to clients regarding the issuance of trademark registration certificates.
- As with all positions, perform other duties as requested by Firm management.