Tax Accountant, Expatriate
Tax Accountant, Expatriate
Our client is seeking a Tax Accountant – Expatriate to join the Firm in the White Plains office (hybrid). This role will be responsible for assisting the Project Supervisor with international individual tax and payroll matters pertaining to Partners and employees. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare work papers involving expatriate tax matters, international payroll tax filings, as well as other special projects as requested.
- Assist with foreign tax return compliance and projects as needed.
- Reconcile and maintain related general ledger accounts.
- Prepare, including reconciling, compensation accounting and reporting for international employees in the U.S., United Kingdom, China, Korea, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
- Timely handle ad hoc inquiries posed by international employees and management.
- Assist with quarterly U.S. income tax payments and/or withholdings for Partners in overseas offices, including coordination with their accountants and the Partner Accounting group.
- Research and analyze U.S. and international payroll tax laws as directed by Project Supervisor.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with attorneys, accountants and departments within the Firm.
- Prepare quarterly Partner memorandums relating to expatriate emoluments.
- Keep abreast of relevant tax law developments and changes.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Firm's payroll to analyze, compile, and reconcile payroll data as directed by Project Supervisor.
- Review add-to-earnings reports on a monthly basis and continually maintain the Firm's tax preparation authorization list.
- Partner with team to analyze and verify Partner taxes paid/withheld reconcile to amounts remitted to the authorities on behalf of the Partners.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manage Firm resources responsibly.
- Comply with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel to execute complex functions (e.g., v/hlookups, pivot tables, formula nesting)
- Ability to learn international payroll issues pertaining to expatriates
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables with competing timelines
- Working knowledge of U.S. and International payroll tax rules
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective problem solver
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Six months related experience
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $70,000 to $80,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
The overall well-being of the team is important to them. They offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.