Senior Research Librarian
Senior Research Librarian
An experienced professional responsible for advanced legal and business research with a focus on corporate transactional and securities areas and participation as a member of the Firm’s library research team, training associates, and corporate practice knowledge management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the global research team as a senior corporate transaction/securities research specialist and performs comprehensive legal and business research and knowledge management tasks across practice areas and domestic/foreign jurisdictions.
- Executes often complex legal and business information research using online and print resources.
- Assists lawyers and staff in all offices with research queries, current awareness monitoring, and research strategy.
- Collaborates with senior library staff regarding coordination and performance of library research services across all offices.
- Coordinates research workflow in the absence of the Research Manager. Uses Firm workflow software to track and manage research projects.
- Coordinates and/or conducts library research orientations and resource training programs and prepares guides, videos, and training documents as needed.
- Supports and develops the library’s Intranet resources for all Firm offices including development of guides to the library’s collection and subject bibliographies on topics of current interest.
- Participates in ongoing content and usage analysis of electronic and print resources with an eye toward improving group performance and efficiencies.
- Assists with projects to increase the accessibility, utilization, and discovery of research resources.
- Stays current on technological developments relating to online research and applications and best practices relevant to providing highly responsive research services.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. MLS from an accredited graduate program and/or JD from an accredited law school strongly preferred. Minimum 3 years of work experience as a research librarian in an Am Law 100/200 Firm or similar corporate legal environment.
- Strong knowledge of M&A precedent research. Demonstrated experience working with transactional lawyers.
- Advanced proficiency in Westlaw, Lexis, Intelligize, CIQ, FactSet, and other library online resources.
- Strong service orientation and a history of developing effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources and apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current office productivity software such as Microsoft Office/365.
Salary range is $99,800 – $140,385