Senior Pricing & Financial Analyst
Senior Pricing & Financial Analyst
This position will assist the members of the Client Value Team in all aspects of the Firm’s pricing strategy. Working under the supervision of the Pricing Manager, the incumbent will help develop the Firm’s fee arrangements, based on the Firm’s current strategic goals, and will help analyze the results for future success. Duties include, but are not limited to, understanding the Firm’s historic pricing performance and current pricing options, modeling and creating various fee arrangements, preparing pricing content for external audiences (including RFP responses), maintaining and updating databases used to track pricing projects, collaborating with team members on analyses of closed matters, assisting other Firm departments (e.g., Marketing, Accounting) to meet client deadlines, and supporting senior members of the team as necessary.
- Develop the Firm’s fee agreements—at the Firm, Department, Practice/Industry Group, and Client levels—considering current best practices and including analysis of prior work.
- Produce and run pricing models for all projects.
- Collaborate with Business Development regarding necessary pricing content to prepare Firm’s RFP responses and other presentations (such as client meetings).
- Maintain and update fee arrangement databases.
- Assist attorneys with AFA education, modeling, and creation.
- Assist Pricing Manager with closed matter analyses.
- Produce and run pricing scenario modelling for future bids by combining bid specific criteria with prior work models.
- Identify financial trends and AFA best practices and recommend improvements accordingly, including the identification and evaluation of market pricing tools and external sources of information. Carry out training and evangelization of those tools throughout the Firm.
- Stay informed of current AFA trends within the legal market; learn and apply new concepts; seek to develop and propose innovations in the field.
- Assist Pricing Manager with training and mentoring of junior level staff.
- Assist Pricing Manager with assignment, coordination and tracking of department projects.
- Demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Perform ad hoc analysis using the Firm’s profitability model and provide recommendations to increase profitability and efficiencies.
- Summarize detailed pricing analyses for high level consumption.
- Compile data from multiple sources and prepare reports.
- Proactively work cross functionally to ensure all pricing-related RFP requirements are complete.
Education: Bachelor of Science – Business/Finance required.
Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in accounting, financial analysis, or paralegal field. Experience within the large law firm or professional service firm sector a plus. Knowledge of the terms AFA, RFP, strategic pricing required.
- Soft skills are VIP – Attention to detail and accuracy is imperative.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including use of pivot tables, Vlookup, charts/graphs, macros, what/if statements, financial formulas).
- Accounting systems – 3E System is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to engage with other team members in addressing a variety of accounting, reporting and business issues.
- An energetic, hands-on individual with a strong bias for action, someone who commits himself/herself fully to stretch goals, is receptive to ongoing coaching and development and who is dedicated to delivering outstanding results.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments to meet reporting deadlines. A highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together to produce superior results.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills. A good listener with outstanding interpersonal qualities and has the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner and is open to having sometimes difficult conversations regarding matter performance to reach firm goals of increasing profitability and efficiency.
- Ability to embrace step-change in a fast-paced team-oriented work environment.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May be tasked with delegating to Pricing Specialist(s) and Client Value Interns.
Equipment To Be Used: Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, calculator, copier, scanner, etc.
Typical Physical Demands: Physical demands commensurate with job duties.
Typical Mental Demands: Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment. Make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels.
Working Conditions: Works in a typical office setting at least 2 days a week. Will need to be flexible with respect to time zones and need for working hours in excess of your normal daily schedule. May require travel to other offices or client sites.