Senior Paralegal Specialist IP Litigation (Hatch-Waxman Act litigation)
Sr. Paralegal Specialist IP Litigation (Hatch-Waxman Act litigation)
Our client has an open position for an IP Litigation Sr. Paralegal Specialist in the Washington DC office, working with its patent litigation group. This detail-oriented individual would be responsible for general litigation case management, including document production and review, and trial preparation. Patent litigation and Hatch-Waxman Act litigation experience are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Ability to perform legal research, draft correspondence, cite-check, bluebook, and analyze pleadings
- Experience with litigation document review databases, case management databases, and e-discovery software
- Understands IP Litigation practice area protocols, an ability to anticipate attorney needs, an ability to exercise independent judgment
- Experience overseeing junior-level paralegals
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage case documents, including organization, substantive review for relevance and responsiveness, and identification of privileged and confidential information, as well as preparation of documents for production.
- Experience with the management of document databases and coordination of electronic discovery
- Provide preparation of court filings in federal courts and agencies (PTAB and ITC), including cite and fact-checking legal briefs, conforming filings to local rules and judge’s standing orders, proofreading, and assembling exhibits and appendices
- Provides assistance with depositions, including preparation of witness files, exhibits, notices, subpoenas, and summaries
- Provides assistance with factual or legal research and drafting memoranda
- Experience with Trial preparation and logistics, including management of scheduling, coordination with court clerks, preparation of witness files, page/line deposition summaries, management of exhibits, and leading with setting up trial space
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be flexible to work overtime and travel when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- At least 10 (ten) years of paralegal experience.
The expected salary range for this position is between $100,000 and $140,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.