Senior Network Engineer – Server, Storage, Citrix
Senior Network Engineer – Server, Storage, Citrix
Summary: The Senior Network Engineer is part of a team of engineers who architect, design, build, maintain, and support the Firm’s global portfolio of infrastructure solutions, inclusive of Networking Infrastructure, Server & Storage, and Voice & Telecommunications This role leads the lifecycle management of the Server & Storage portfolio, striking the necessary balance of delivering solutions that provide an optimal experience for our lawyers, staff, practice groups, and clients, without making concessions that add unacceptable risks to the Firm To accomplish this objective, the Senior Network Engineer partners closely with cross-functional IT solution teams, as well as Information Security and other crossfunctional stakeholders to continuously adapt solutions to meet the evolving needs of the Firm The role requires an individual with the skills to think both strategically and tactically to handle the operational needs of the Firm, all with the objective of delivering goldstandard services
- Appropriate technical certifications are preferred (eg, MSCE, CCEE)
- College degree preferred, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a large Law Firm setting, a comparable professional services organization, or a legal information services provider
- Demonstrated experience managing the system lifecycle for global infrastructure solutions and capabilities
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure design in a global, multitenant environment including on-premises and cloud-based solutions
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing networking for domain integrations, hybrid deployments, and large AD Forest Management (eg, Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS)
- Demonstrated experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies (eg, Azure, Citrix)
- Demonstrated experience with scripting (eg, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience with network security technologies, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and security incident / event management tools
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools and capabilities
- Experience working with identity and access management technologies and solutions (eg, Azure, MS Defender, Active Directory)
- Experience with network and system administration, including operating system configuration and account management best practices
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and processing information
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy and global compliance practices and laws (eg, ITAR)
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a change agent, leading and inspiring others to act, especially under circumstances when change is unpopular
- Ability to establish rapport and elicit cooperation from personnel across all levels, including executive management, and cross-functional leadership
- Ability to develop and motivate technology teams, inclusive of staff, and 3rd party vendors/consultants
- Skilled in communications to all levels in the organization in writing, speaking, and presentation skills for work with the Firm leadership, the user community, and clients
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills required
- Ability to manage complex information systems and technical personnel
- Must be able to reliably deal with multiple competing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to fulfill on-call duties for IT emergency outside of Firm business hours
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configures, manages, and upgrades Citrix Netscalers for load balancing, redundancy and high availability.(GSLB, VIP, SIP).
- Ensure that members of their team are cross trained on all critical support tasks.
- Configures, maintains and upgrades Firm wide Citrix remote access capabilities including all applicable telecommunications applications used for both remote-in and remote-out requirements.
- Configures, maintains, and upgrades Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix Netscaler, VMware, Windows and other servers which comprise the Firm's Enterprise Network.
- Leads the lifecycle management of the Firm’s Server & Storage portfolio, providing a technology experience that is stable, secure, and scalable to meet the needs of the Firm.
- Leads the design of the Firm’s on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure, including servers, storage, virtualization, and other computing solutions.
- Leads the ongoing data center operations and maintenance of the Firm’s infrastructure estate, working with 3rd party providers, contractors, and resources as needed.
- Develops and maintains infrastructure documentation, including architecture diagrams, system configurations, and operational procedures.
- Partners closely with the Firm’s Information Security organization, IT Security Solutions team, Application Solutions teams, and other IT engineers to establish common standards and objectives for the Firm’s infrastructure solutions, supports broader Infrastructure functional objectives as needed.
- Actively monitors, diagnoses, and optimizes infrastructure performance, integrity, and security to promote high levels of availability.
- Provides advanced technical support for the Firm’s on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure environments (e.g., Tier 3 technical support in a 24×7 environment).
- Partners with IT Security Solutions to architect and integrate the Firm’s infrastructure solutions with its portfolio of security technologies (e.g., Perimeter Defense, Monitoring & Logging, and Identity, Access, and Authorization Management).
- Leads capacity planning and system optimization efforts for infrastructure solutions (e.g., infrastructure performance, performance fine tuning, environment scaling).
- Partners with Infrastructure Solutions leadership on the design and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements.
- Plans and supports system maintenance updates and patches on all cloud-based and on-premises enterprise servers and systems (e.g., Windows servers).
- Deploys, manages, and supports networking aspects of Microsoft and other third-party applications (e.g., System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM).
- Recommends, schedules, and performs ongoing maintenance and support activities (e.g., infrastructure security audits, upgrades, reconfigurations, routine system backups and restores).
- Anticipates, mitigates, troubleshoots, and resolves problems across the infrastructure stack, with focus on preserving a gold-standard end user computing experience.
- Supports application teams throughout project lifecycles, serving as infrastructure subject matter expertise as required.
- Collaborates well with cross-functional stakeholders and other third-party providers.
- Stays current on trends in the marketplace, conducting research on emerging infrastructure products, services, protocols, and standards. Supports the development, documentation, and maintenance policies, procedures, and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.