Senior Manager of Associate Development & Recruiting
Sr. Manager of Associate Development and Recruiting
The Senior Manager of Associate Development & Recruiting assists the Chief Talent Officer and Director of Attorney Development & Recruiting with lateral recruiting, integration, and associate work flow. This position also assists in managing the implementation of strategic initiatives and special projects relating to recruiting, attorney staffing, and professional development, as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interviews and works with Chief Talent Officer to make hiring recommendations for lateral associate applicants.
- Works with Director of Attorney Development & Recruiting to monitor associate utilization and manage associate work flow, staffing and morale.
- Participates as a member of the Recruiting Committee, assisting in the development of the Summer Associate Program and entry-level hiring goals and decisions.
- Participates as a member of the Associate Development Committee, assisting in the tracking of associate performance, feedback and evaluations.
- Assists in orienting new hires to the Firm and works with Practice Group Leaders and Director of Attorney Development & Recruiting to create personalized integration plans.
- Assists in implementing lateral attorney business plans, as appropriate.
- Assists in developing and implementing strategies to improve associate diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Assist in implementing internship program, including monitoring of supervision and intern experience.
- Assists with management and implementation of strategic initiatives and special projects, as appropriate.
- Works within deadlines and effectively handle stress.
- Establishes effective working relationships and appropriately interact with others.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exercise appropriate judgment regarding sensitive confidential matters.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of iManage and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and etc.)
- Work independently and thrive as part of a team.
- Understanding of law firm economics.
- Excellent interviewing, training development and managerial skills.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Utilizes good judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to travel as needed.
JOB COMPETENCIES / SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Interpersonal Skills / Emotional Intelligence
- Sound Judgment
- Communication Skills
- Management / Leadership Skills
- Mindfulness / Stress Management
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate
- Experience practicing law in a law firm setting for a minimum of 3 years.
- At least 3 years of supervisory/managerial experience, ideally in a law firm environment.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines and scanners.
The reasonably expected pay scale for this position with 5 or more years of experience is $135,000 – $155,000. The actual salary within that range will depend on the selected candidate’s years of experience and location. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.