Senior Corporate Paralegal
Senior Corporate Paralegal
Summary: Sr. Corporate Paralegal to assist associates and partners in all aspects of transactional practice support and general corporate housekeeping.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at an AMLAW 100/200 law firm or a Fortune 1000 corporate legal department with extensive experience in general corporate transactional support.
- Familiarity with all of the following and with extensive experience in at least one area: corporate financing transactions, M&A, private equity, and new venture formation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with attorneys, staff and clients, often on a daily basis.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be a part of a team under tight deadlines.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university is required. A graduate degree such as a JD is a plus, but is not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or revise drafts of legal documents for attorney review, including, but not limited to documents related to the formation and dissolution of various corporate entities; ancillary documents related to corporate financing, and M&A transactions; foreign qualifications; and UCC financing statements.
- Assist with certain SEC filings including Form D filings, Confidential treatment requests and Registration Statements.
- Compile, analyze and summarize information for attorney review as it relates to transactions.
- Perform corporate and securities law research using Westlaw, LexisNexis, and similar online research services.
- Coordinate transaction tasks/projects with attorneys, clients, advisors, and other parties, in person, via telephone and by written correspondence.
- Coordinate closings and attend to post-closing tasks/projects; file and track transaction documents with federal, state and local authorities as required.
- Communicate regularly with attorneys regarding status of tasks/projects, and issues relating to matter staffing and assignments.
- Maintain timely attendance in the office, and, as needed, work outside of normal business hours to accommodate transaction schedules.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by Paralegal Supervisor or other Firm management.
The expected salary range for this position is between $87,500 – $170,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.