Senior Benefits Analyst
Senior Benefits Analyst
The Senior Benefits Analyst will work in conjunction with the Benefits Management team and Firmwide Director of Benefits to support the efficient administration of the Firm’s benefit plans and programs, including health and welfare benefits, retirement benefits, and wellbeing programming. This position requires a background in systems, financial analysis, or similar. Responsibilities will include analyzing benefit plan utilization, managing complex benefits administration, developing functional specifications for benefits systems, developing test plans and performing systems testing, developing functional specifications, creating specialized reports and analyses, implementing and auditing benefit administration processes and procedures, and utilizing data to identify opportunities and/or areas for enhancement. The Senior Benefits Analyst will have an active role in various department projects and initiatives.
Essential Functions: (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
Benefits Administration and Compliance
- Administer complex benefits programs, including group and partner life insurance and disability programs.
- Manage vendor and broker relationships to assure superior delivery of vendor services to the Firm and plan participants.
- Collaborate with internal HR and IT resources in the evaluation, development, and implementation of benefits modules and data integrations.
- Engage and take a leadership role in the benefits evaluation and implementation process, from analyzing new benefit offerings to vendor selection and contracting to benefit roll out and administration.
- Review and maintain internal process documents, making updates and recommendations for change, where appropriate.
- Develop and deliver presentations to department leadership on various benefits.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Firm’s health and retirement plans and programs in order to ensure seamless service to Firm participants and support effective plan and program administration.
Project Management and Leadership
- Support Benefits Department initiatives by leading projects (or certain aspects of projects) in collaboration with internal and external resources, including vendor implementations/onboarding and file feed enhancements.
- Manage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve complex problems and assure superior delivery of service to the Firm and plan participants.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans and lead projects with management guidance.
- Ability to present information clearly and in a manner that is understandable to leadership and plan participants.
- Confidently embrace new challenges and take initiative in identifying and implementing process improvements.
Other Functions: (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Assist with any other functions/duties/special projects as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical ability, strong project management and superior written and oral communication skills. They will also have a demonstrated history of creative problem-solving, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work across all levels of management. The successful candidate will possess sound judgment and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. A background in HR systems or financial analysis is strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5+ years of relevant experience required. Experience in a law or professional services firm is desirable.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other HRMS
- Proficiency with SQL or advanced PeopleSoft Query skills (or similar)