Senior Audio Visual Specialist
Senior Audio Visual Specialist
Summary: Reporting to the Audio Visual Manager, the Senior Audio Visual (AV) Specialist, in addition to the core responsibilities of AV Specialist role, works closely with the Audio Visual Manager in the day-to-day supervision of the AV team and management/development of our AV infrastructure and services. The Senior AV Specialist is expected to take a lead role with respect to daily AV support of the conference center while working collaboratively with the Client Services team. Additional responsibilities are to review technology and process improvements within the Firm while completing other duties as required by the AV Manager and the Firm.
- 5 – 7 years customer facing audio visual support experience.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in advanced AV hardware configuration, design, AV project management and/or leadership.
- Premier level of customer service in a professional services environment Comfortably work directly with Chairman and CXO offices to service direct requests.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills with ability to think critically and expansively to solve complex audio visual problems.
- Practical “hands on” approach, very task orientated and committed to achieving exceptional results.
- Self-starter with a consistent positive demeanor, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Embraces ownership in all systems and services that AV Services manages.
- Dedication to detail and follow-through on all assignments is critical for role.
- Skills: Cisco VTC Endpoints, Operation & Configuration
- SX80/Webex Room Systems/DX – Required Experience
- Webex Board
- 9900/8800 Phones
- Cisco VTC Infrastructure, Operation & Configuration.
- Cisco TMS – Required Experience
- Conductor/TPS – Required Experience
- Webex/Webex CMR – Required Experience
- Cisco Expressway systems – Required Experience
- Crestron – Operation & Fundamentals
- Design and functional concepts – Required Experience
- Fusion Server operation
- Programming concepts
- Microsoft Office Suite – Required Experience
- Windows Server operating systems – Required Experience
- Basic network & VLAN understanding – Required Experience
- BiAmp Systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with lawyers, staff, clients, Client Services Specialists, and other departments to provide very responsive, timely, high-quality solutions-oriented A/V customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment.
- Work in a highly sophisticated centralized AV Control Room that can monitor and support over 150 audio visual capable rooms firm-wide
- Support daily operations of the Firm’s audio visual support for conferences and meetings including VTC’s (video teleconference), Webinars/WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, ON24, content sharing, digital recording, video editing and event support.
- Timely creation and update of A/V work tickets to track set up of requested equipment and software, assistance for meetings, and repairs.
- Take part in video editing to produce videos to internal streaming servers.
- Setup and configure various components of VTC, video equipment, sound equipment, computer, flat panels, screens, and other related systems so they are ready for use before scheduled meetings.
- Quality check and promptly correct A/V problems prior to conferences. Repairs A/V equipment when possible in house; arranges, tracks, and ensures A/V vendor repair assistance as needed.
- Assist and provide quick “on demand” support to Client Service Specialists, fellow A/V Specialists, IT Staff in all offices, and others with VTC setups; Webinars/WebEx and other multimedia tools, prior to, and in support of meetings & conferences. This includes assisting in meeting planning discussions and inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Maintain A/V equipment and inventory. Provide a convenient and easy to use method to track availability of equipment within ITS, the Client Services Specialists, and the general user community.
- Actively learn new software, hardware and other tools; maintain necessary A/V expertise in support of meetings. This includes, but is not limited to: Webinar products, PowerPoint, VTC equipment and applications, and other Firm software as required.
- Stay current on technological trends and techniques to advise the firm on A/V technological developments and changes in the industry.
- Fill in for other department members when they are absent as needed and assigned, in order to maintain service levels of the department.
- Availability to work before and after scheduled hours and weekends with minimal notice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Assist with managing the day to day operations while supervising local AV team in a busy audio visual environment.
- Routinely train, openly communicate with, and mentor other AV team members and remote IT professionals on equipment usage and procedures.
- Work directly with Client Services team to help coordinate large events within and outside Firm’s facilities.
- Strong documentation skills to ensure current audio visual procedures are documented and used throughout the Firm.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and ad hoc reports on the AV team performance to the AV Manager.
- Interaction with all functional areas within the Firm to ensure consistent procedures are followed, and information is shared.
- Assist with AV infrastructure upgrade and maintenance activities, and suggest improvements and further enhancement of all global AV technologies.
- Maintain the practice of continuous improvement and education by attending classes, seminars, reading professional publications, etc. and keeping current on new leadership skills and AV technologies/processes.