Senior Applications Developer
Senior Applications Developer
Our client is seeking a Senior Applications Developer to join the IS Knowledge Management & Innovation team.
Position summary: Firm Information Services (IS) embraces a culture of customer service excellence and all members of the department are expected to move this agenda forward. To that end, the Senior Applications Developer is expected to recognize that the IS department is a service organization first and foremost and will be evaluated on this requirement equal in importance to the technical or operational responsibilities outlined later in this document.
Under the supervision of the Applications Development Manager and working in conjunction with a development team, the Senior Applications Developer will create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining internet/intranet applications, leading a team of developers.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Determine design methodologies and tool sets; compile programming using languages and software projects including designing and conducting tests
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting in addition to studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Support and develop application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Assist with Q&A and user acceptance testing to ensure applications can be used easily, quickly and accurately
- Consult manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge
- Serve as a member of on-call rotation team in support of production applications, Web services, and workflow process
- All other duties as assigned or required
Skills and experience:
- After orientation, exhibit proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, iManage and other firm applications
- Ability to work extended and/or weekend hours, as required
- 5+ years of relevant web development experience
- Experience with Web Services, WCF, Web API 2, Application Security, Visual Studio 2019+
- Experience with .NET, .NET Core / ASP.NET MVC, C# and SQL Server
- Bachelor’s degree
- Law firm or other professional services organization experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to balance best practices with business objectives
- Proven track record of excellent decision-making, integrity and working with IS management, business users and staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical and user documentation
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and under high pressure with tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to interact well with all levels of staff
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ambitious and motivated team player
- Capable of grasping new concepts quickly and without prior experience
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact and coordinate with several teams to achieve objectives
- Ability to solve problems independently and simultaneously, effectively managing multiple tasks
- Professional demeanor
The firm offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package and is committed to fair and equitable employment practices. EOE.
The expected annual pay range for this position is $140,000 – $170,000. Please note that final offer amount will be dependent on geographic location, applicable experience and skillset of the candidate.
The firm offers a full range of elective benefits including medical, health savings account (with applicable medical plan), dental, vision, health and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, life insurance, AD&D, long-term care coverage, backup care for children and/or adults and other parental support benefits. In addition to elective benefit options, benefited employees receive firm-paid life insurance, AD&D, LTD, short term medical benefits as well as 21 days of Paid Time Off (“PTO”) and 10 paid holidays each year. They provide generous parental leave and fertility benefits. New employees will attend a detailed benefit orientation to learn more about their many benefits and resources.