Our client is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and strategic thinking Senior Accountant who will work with the Management team to evaluate, recommend and implement best practices in the day-to-day processes. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for maintaining the general ledger, preparation/review of monthly financial statements, reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts, preparing monthly partner draws and distribution schedules, mentoring the staff accountant, and other responsibilities as outlined below.
This position reports to the Assistant Controller, but will regularly interact with the Controller, FP&A team and CFO.
As the Senior Accountant, your job duties will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare monthly financial statements and month-end reports for distribution to the Executive Committee, CFO, and Controller.
- Prepare and maintain various financial reports in Data Fusion financial reporter.
- Prepare and/or review manual/automated journal entries for payroll, cash transfers and other various accounts as necessary.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and analysis of various general ledger accounts to ensure overall integrity of financial information and system balancing, including review of accounts reconciled by accounts payable and payroll.
- Prepare monthly partner draws and quarterly distribution schedules, ensuring timely submission to payroll, including reviewing and reconciling withholding payments, personal expenses and capital contributions.
- Assist Assistant Controller and external auditors with annual financial statement review.
- Prepare quarterly reports as required by bank lending agreement.
- Work with Controller, CFO and Director of Risk Management to ensure appropriate accounting processes and internal controls over transactions are in place.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for CFO, Controller, Practice Leaders and Department Directors.
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of accounting theory/practices for professional service firms
- Critical thinking ability, problem solving skills and able to exercise good judgment
- Account analysis and reconciliation skills
- Ability to work with multiple accounting and financial systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication; accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting required
- MBA or other advanced degree in finance or accounting is encouraged
- CPA highly encouraged
- Minimum five years of experience within an accounting and finance function required
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
- Experience with Elite Accounting System and business analytic tools strongly preferred (data warehouse experience a plus)
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
They value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (where applicant is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations), medical condition, protected veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)