Security Officer (Part-time)
Our client is seeking a Security Officer to join their team in Washington, DC. This is a non-exempt role, reporting to the firm’s Security Manager. The Security Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Ensure staff, employees, clients, and property are protected.
- Conduct safety and security patrols.
- Provide escorts to parking facilities and metro stops for employees working afterhours.
- Provide escorts for vendors throughout the facility.
- Respond to medical emergencies.
- Maintain daily security log for after-hour security operations.
- Ensure proper distribution of security reports.
- Duplicate keys.
- Issue visitor passes.
- Distribute parking passes.
- Conduct security brief for new arrivals.
- Install various Locking Devices and make adjustments/repair to malfunctioning equipment.
- Answer telephone.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Must be computer literate: MS Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must maintain qualifications as Special Police Officer.
- Must have at least 2 years security/law enforcement experience (college credits may be substituted to satisfy this requirement).
- Associate degree from an accredited college, or graduate of a recognized law enforcement academy preferred.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid by recognized Association – Emergency Medical Technician Certification is highly preferred and must be attained within one year of employment.
- Must be a conscientious forward-thinking individual with discretion to know when and if to elevate a situation, but to always respond in a timely and professional manner.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. Firm will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.