Retirement Benefits Specialist
Retirement Benefits Specialist
The Retirement Benefits Specialist assists in managing the daily operations of the Firm’s savings and retirement plans. This includes working with service providers and vendors, communicating with employees and ensuring compliance with ERISA and other regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist in managing the daily administration and maintenance of the firm’s defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, investments and insurances.
• Develop communications, enroll employees in savings programs and answer related questions.
• Respond to inquiries and employee issues regarding 401k and defined contribution plans.
• Help ensure that retirement plans are administered according to Plan provisions and are in compliance with government regulations. Work with actuaries, record keepers and others.
• Work closely with the Manager of Retirement and Financial Services to develop and provide actuaries and auditors with information and reports for plan valuations and audits. Assist as point contact for annual Plan audits.
• Ensure accurate record keeping. Develop and maintain various retirement plan reports and develop ad-hoc reports
• Partner with internal stakeholders including Tax, Payroll, Finance and Information Technology
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized, attentive to detail with excellent follow-through
• Strong sense of discretion; ability to handle confidential, sensitive information
• Experience working with 401k plans and knowledge of traditional defined benefit plans
• An understanding of regulations (ERISA, IRS and DOL) relating to defined contribution and defined benefit plans
• Comfortable with Excel and other MS-Office tools – Word, Power Point, etc.
• Knowledge of HRIS systems and data transmission. PeopleSoft experience a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Three to five+ years of subject matter experience in 401(k) and/or pension administration or consulting.
• Prior law firm or other partnership experience is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The base salary range offered for this role will be between $75,000 and $100,000. When determining a candidate’s compensation offer, elements unique to each person are taken into consideration including but not limited to skill set, experience level, performance, professional certifications, degrees and location, as well as the needs of the Firm. The total compensation package for this position may include overtime pay, discretionary bonuses and other benefits. For a more comprehensive list of employee benefits, please visit www.sullcrom.com/employee-benefits.