Under the direction of the Manager- Reference Desk and Senior Manager – Library, the Reference Librarian will provide outstanding research assistance to the Lawyers and Staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct in-depth searches on complex research requests covering all practice areas for all Library clients using electronic, print & other sources as part of regular shifts on the Reference Desk.
- Support lawyers in utilizing the collection of desktop research tools, providing instruction and guidance as needed.
- Participate in Department projects and programs, including providing input on additions and cancellations of electronic and print resources.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Ability to multitask, think creatively and work collaboratively and effectively in a fast paced, challenging environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal written and verbal communication skills. Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Must have a strong service-oriented mentality and a commitment to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism that are the hallmarks of the legal practice.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- M.L.S from an accredited institution required.
- Law Library reference experience required.
- Excellent research skills, utilizing print and electronic resources, including proficiency in Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg, VitalLaw and Intelligize. Strong knowledge of SEC filings and familiarity with practice specific databases such as S&P Capital IQ Pro, DealPointData, Factset, Filings Expert, DebtWire, Reorg, etc. is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The base salary range offered for this role will be between $85,000 and $115,000. When determining a candidate’s compensation offer, elements unique to each person are taken into consideration including but not limited to skill set, experience level, performance, professional certifications, degrees and location, as well as the needs of the Firm.
The total compensation package for this position may include overtime pay, discretionary bonuses and other benefits. For a more comprehensive list of employee benefits, please