Project Assistant (Legal)
Project Assistant (Legal) – Washington, DC
Our client has an immediate opening for an entry level Project Assistant (Legal) to join the paralegal team in their Washington, DC office. As a Project Assistant, you will be an integral member of the paralegal team providing support to various attorneys, paralegals, and support staff. Primary responsibilities consist of all aspects of case management, including the review and analysis of cases and files, verifying project accuracy, legal research and writing, and coordinating court/agency filings.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of experience as a Project Assistant or Paralegal in a large law firm or professional services environment is also preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills;
- The ability to perform effectively as part of a team or independently;
- The ability to see all aspects of a project through to completion, sometimes under time- sensitive conditions, and while maintaining quality of the highest level;
- The ability to exercise discretion with confidential and sensitive information;
- Strong organizational and effective time management abilities;
- Demonstrated proficiency and savvy with technology, including Microsoft Office;
- Flexibility to work overtime, travel, or temporarily relocate, as needed.