Practice Specialist (Menlo Park)
The Litigation Secretary/Practice Specialist I will be working for the Firm’s Support Services. This position requires a highly motivated individual with a minimum of 5–10 years of law firm experience as a litigation secretary (some of which must include California litigation). Extensive knowledge of court e-filing and trial procedures in federal, state, and appellate court procedures and rules is required. Some Corporate and Bankruptcy experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical, organizational, and administrative skills, as well as strong interpersonal relationship skills. The candidate must have the ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment. This candidate should be able to work under pressure, remain flexible, be proactive, resourceful, and efficient, and be able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Format, input, edit, retrieve, copy, scan, and transmit legal documents
- Prepare pleading documents for filing and service
- Prepare discovery documents for service
- eFiling – State, Federal and Appellate Courts
- Create litigation binders, indexing and filing documents, organize and file case documents
- Editing Contracts
- Business Intakes
- Utilize docketing/calendaring department to track court and filing deadlines
- Attorney timesheets, expense summaries, and client bills
- Assists with overflow work and other projects as assigned
- Performs overflow typing, filing, or photocopying as time permits and as requested by other attorneys
- Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential
- Type 75+ wpm and have excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to learn new skills and systems quickly
Qualifications and Experience
Required Qualifications: 5-10+ years of litigation experience in a law firm (preferably California litigation experience).
The expected salary range for this position is between $100,000 and $110,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.