Practice Group Marketing Specialist – Litigation
Practice Group Marketing Specialist – Litigation
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Practice Group Marketing Manager, the Practice Group Marketing Specialist will work closely with the firm’s litigation marketing team, attorneys and other marketing team members to support business development and marketing activities for certain practice groups and geographical markets. The primary goal is to drive revenue through new business opportunities and client expansion programs, including pitches and proposals, events and sponsorships, sales pipeline management, key client initiatives, and business development coaching and training. This position is responsible for working with attorneys in the litigation department to respond to marketing and business development requests in a manner consistent with the firm’s overall strategy. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In conjunction with the Practice Group Marketing Manager (Litigation), litigation marketing team, practice group leaders and firm leadership, develop and support marketing and business development plans to address the goals and initiatives within the practice group’s business plan
- Support short- and long-term strategic business development/sales plans and tactics that result in measurable growth of business for the firm, with emphasis on retention of and cross-selling to existing clients, and cultivation of new clients
- Help identify practice group targets/prospects
- Lead programs, events, sponsorships, etc., to drive revenue and promote the brand
- Guide practice-specific strategies/tactics and serve as liaison between practice group and other marketing functions
- Coordinate and leverage practice group marketing activities with adjacent business development efforts across the firm
- Lead responses to RFPs/RFIs, pitches and proposals, including drafting initial RFP responses and providing strategic direction on complex, multi-layer pitch scenarios
- Identify market trends and analyze market share vs. competitors to help shape targeting efforts and business planning initiatives
- Assess, identify, initiate, support and execute efforts to cultivate new business opportunities through both targeting exercises for potential clients and cross-selling and expansion opportunities for existing clients
- Collaborate with marketing managers and partners to formulate and implement policies and procedures for business development initiatives, including proposal preparation, client presentations, sales pipeline management and market development
- Conduct business research and relationship searches
- Coordinate and participate and business development training sessions
- Serve as point of contact for business development/sales support for attorneys in practice group
Programs and visibility initiatives:
- Identify, support, and manage networking, speaking, conference and event sponsorship opportunities aligned with practice business plans
- Work with marketing team members (including our in-house events team) to execute in-person and virtual hosted events, client receptions and alumni programs
- Drive, manage, track, and evaluate the ROI on various programming initiatives
- Champion firm branding and related standards on creative services projects
- Develop and maintain marketing materials and collateral (descriptions, engagement lists, client lists, awards, etc.)
- Steer data using the appropriate firm technologies (Web, Salesforce, Foundation, Intranet, etc.)
- Help promote exposure to practice group and individual attorneys internally and externally
Management and operations:
- Project manage and execute on various research projects, cross-selling initiatives and complex pitches/RFPs, including providing frequent and proactive status updates
- Role model the use of the CRM tool (Salesforce) in managing the sales pipeline and for practice group business development
- Work cooperatively with staff and managers at the local office to advance both marketing and general administrative goals and projects
- Role model the use of Salesforce in managing the sales pipeline and for practice group business development
- Other duties, as assigned or required
Skills & experience:
- After orientation, exhibit proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, iManage and other firm applications
- Following training, exhibit proficiency in firm marketing systems software (e.g., CRM tool (Salesforce) and WordPress)
- Available to work overtime, as required
- Ability to travel, as needed
- 3+ years’ experience in a marketing/business development related field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business, or related-field a plus
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment, with a working knowledge of professional services industries
- Depth of understanding of the litigation practice
- Experience with litigation research tools and databases like PACER, Monitor Suite, Lex Machina, and Docket Navigator
- Ability to work with little direct supervision, in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, work well under pressure and coordinate sophisticated marketing programs with good results
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Assertive, but flexible as to style; must be able to handle stressful situations and interact with various personalities and communication styles at all levels in the firm
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to master the use of complex marketing systems and to train others on these systems.
- Strong ability to function well as a team member and facilitator
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and genuine enthusiasm for law firm marketing activities and goals.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to develop professional relationships with department members, attorneys and firm staff.
- Reliable and punctual
Our client offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package and is committed to fair and equitable employment practices. EOE.
Below you will find the compensation range specific to this role in several of the US locations where it is open. Please note that final offer amount will be dependent on experience and skillset of the candidate.
Denver: $32.00 to $38.00 hourly
Los Angeles/Santa Monica: $38.00 to $44.00 hourly
Palo Alto: $39.00 to $45.00 hourly
San Diego: $36.00 to $42.00 hourly
San Francisco: $39.00 to $45.00 hourly
Additionally, see below for a description of bonus and benefits generally applicable to those in US offices.
- Other compensation may include an annual discretionary merit bonus.
- Employees in this role will have the option to elect various benefits, including medical, dental, vision, accidental death and dismemberment, life insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, long-term care insurance, health savings accounts (if enrolled in an HDHP) and health/dependent care spending accounts.
- 401(k) and profit sharing.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 20 days accrued per calendar year.
- Ten paid holidays each year.
- Other benefits include the option to participate in our tuition reimbursement program and wellness program, which includes fitness reimbursement each year.
The salary range in other markets will vary.