Practice Group Coordinator
Practice Group Coordinator
Our client has an immediate opening for a Practice Group Coordinator in its Washington, D.C. office. This position will assist the Washington, D.C. Director of America’s Mutual Banks (AMB). AMB is a membership based organization that promotes the interests of mutual banks around the country. Through email campaigns, mail campaigns, social media, and cold calls, the Practice Group Coordinator is responsible for sourcing, qualifying, and enrolling new members.
In addition, the Practice Group Coordinator will assist the director with setting agendas for meetings, composing meeting minutes, invoicing members, researching and preparing member news and regulatory alert items, and will lead the planning efforts for AMB’s annual meeting
which brings AMB members to D.C. for an evening program, typically in March/April.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for conducting research to determine potential member services key market information, as well as identifying areas of improvement to increase revenue and brand
- Perform analysis of membership strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns, translate complex data into simple graphs and texts to compile and present data for the Director
- Increase AMB social media presence by interacting and sharing posts related to banking and mutual banks, and sharing Mutual Alerts and Inside Look pieces
- Maintain current AMB website and assist in development of new website in progress
- Finalize agendas for bi-weekly calls and responsible for the minutes of those calls
- Attend and report on governmental committee meetings and hearings
- Draft informational “Mutual Alerts” (industry related news alerts) for distribution to members
- Draft AMB Inside Look pieces for website, distribution to members, and possible publication in external periodicals
- Draft and submit comment letter on a proposed rule/regulation or legislation
- Communicate with bank CEOs on organization matters
- Prepare quarterly lobbying reports
- Ability to foster relationships with members and related parties
- Monitor and report on dues payments and maintain monthly status list, which includes calls and emails following up on delinquent accounts and encouraging renewals
- Maintain membership website
- Prepare and review invoices for members; assist with other administrative tasks (copying, filing, mailing, etc) as needed for the practice group and the AMB
- Other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Political Science, or Finance
- Experience with graphic design & social media
- Ability to maintain and improve marketing databases
- Strong proofreading and computer skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively, multi-task and prioritize various projects with competing deadlines
- Professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts
- Supervisory Responsibility – No supervisory responsibility.
- Work Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment.
- Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel – Little to no travel is expected for this position.