Power BI Developer
Power BI Developer
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Our client has an immediate opening for a Power BI Developer in our Dallas office. This role will create and execute queries upon request for data as well as present information through reports and visualization. The Power BI Specialist will also focus on converting firm and client reporting requirements to meet the overall needs of the firm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, publish and maintain Power BI data models based on measurements and dimensions based on the customer and dashboard needs
- Create Workspace and Apps in Power BI service and provide App access to end users
- Install and configure Power BI Gateways to automatically refresh dashboards and reports
- Configure Power BI Report Server for SSRS; deploy and schedule reports in Report Manager
- Create Row level security (RLS) and integrate it with Power BI service (SaaS) portal
- Configure and maintain premium capacity to include planning, updating, troubleshooting, access management and performance management
- Configure capacity settings to assign users as Admins during initial setup
- Configure user permissions within the premium settings
- Configure tenant settings for PBI features (ie. workspace settings, export and sharing settings, publish to web, developer settings)
- Maintain different levels of data security in Power BI
- Control access to data and assign Row Level Security (RLS) as needed
- Maintain and create Power BI features such as bookmarks and selection panes
- Create Power BI Apps using REST API and integrate with Power BI reports & dashboards
- Write complex DAX functions based on Daily, Monthly & Yearly data for reports
- Must have experience with PowerApps, Power Automate (MS Flow), and Power BI.
- Building SSO integration with Power BI services
- Should have a good understanding of designing the business continuity and disaster recovery strategy for Power BI platform
- As a part of Power BI Administration, configured Usage metrics, Users, Audit logs,
- Tenant settings, Dashboard settings, Power BI Apps settings, Power BI premium and
- Premium Capacity settings.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ Degree is Required
- 5 plus years’ experience with Power BI data flows, reporting and self serve analytics
- Must be able to set up Power BI staging and production environments
- Must be able to automate workspace creation in power BI
- Must be able to convert/migrate reports between one reporting tool to another (e.g. Tableau to Power BI)
- Ability to monitor and log aspects in Power BI
- Must be able to problem solve Power BI platforms
- Supervisory Responsibility – This position has no direct supervisor responsibilities.
- Work Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment.
- Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend lwork may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel – Little to no travel is expected for this position.