Our client's Philadelphia office currently seeks a Paralegal.
This is an excellent opportunity for legal professionals seeking to expand their careers who are interested in gaining fast-paced professional experience with a national law firm. They are a billable environment and this role will be expected to meet monthly billable requirements.
- Bachelor's degree required, Paralegal certificate preferred
- 3+ years’ experience as a litigation paralegal in a fast paced, high volume, team oriented environment
- Insurance defense experience is a plus
- Experience with pretrial discovery, hearings, arbitration and trial preparations
- Must be able to prioritize tasks for multiple attorneys
- Must be able to multitask and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
- Must have experience preparing and answering Interrogatories, Request to Produce, Request to Admit, etc.
- Clear and effective communication skills both orally and written
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite and document management systems.
- Must be able to work independently and be proactive
- Drafting discovery requests and answers, stipulations, orders, motions to compel, motions for show cause, notices of IME
- Redacting claim files
- Processing and following up on authorizations for the receipt of medical, employment, worker’s compensation, disability, tax, union, educational and other records
- Reviewing and summarizing medical records
- Communications with experts, including IME doctors, in particular the selection of materials to be sent to experts
- Prepare records, review and prepare exhibits, and trial preparation
- Review, analyze and organize document productions by opposing parties and co-defendants.
- Review file for outstanding discovery in preparation for court appearances, pleadings, depositions and trial preparation
- Determine, prepare and organize material needed for expert witness review
- Assemble chronologies of key documents
- Manage documents and organize case files
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent Benefits including a 401k match
- Generous PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
The annualized salary range for this position is $50,000 to $75,000.Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.