Paralegal II (Litigation)
Paralegal II – Litigation
Essential Job Functions
The Litigation Paralegal II support case teams in all phases of the litigation practice, from pre-complaint to trial and appeal. The Litigation Paralegal II will be responsible for managing all details throughout every phase of trial from investigations, pleadings, discovery, and attendance. Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with strong attention to detail.
I. Manages document production processes
- Assists with the collection of material from client, opposing parties, and third parties (hard copies, electronic data, physical evidence)
- Maintains chain of custody
- Manages logistics of production of documents – hard copy, images, native
II. Substantive Research
- Analyzes documents and materials
- Researches rules of procedure for relevant court venues
III. Coordinates preparation and filing of briefs and legal documents
- Drafts routine filings (e.g. attorney appearances, notices of filings, notices of motions)
- Checks legal cites for proper format, content and accuracy (Westlaw, Lexis; Blue Book)
- Compiles appendices and exhibits
- Manages service of process; files with court and serves on parties; coordinates with local counsel
IV. Manages trial and hearing preparation and support
- Compiles and tracks trial exhibits
- Prepares pretrial documents
- Manages trial transcripts
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
The ideal candidate will possess 8-10 years of experience focusing on complex litigation cases, including managing large discovery, preparing for trial, and managing trial support. Must have high-level experience with a range of litigation support applications. Additional qualifications include excellent analytical and organizational abilities, solid communication and management skills, creativity, initiative, and ability to work in a team environment. Bachelor’s degree required. Flexibility to accommodate for travel and overtime is required. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds is required.
MS Office proficiency including Excel and DMS management required. Intermediate experience relating to Relativity; TextMap, Westlaw;
Electronic filing and Pacer Pro proficiency required.
The expected salary range for this position is between $80,000 and $140,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.