Marketing Events Manager
Marketing Events Manager
Our client is looking for a detail oriented Global Marketing Events Manager to plan, strategize, provide logistical support, and execute exemplary in-person, virtual, and hybrid events based out of their New York office. This position will report to the Senior Marketing Events Manager and primarily work collaboratively with the Firm’s global marketing events and business development teams. This position will also work directly with senior lawyers to ensure successful client-facing events in support of the Firm’s objectives. Events include, but are not limited to, client dinners, virtual events such as webinars and roundtables, in-person conferences and symposia (both Firm-hosted and those with Firm participation or sponsorship), social, sporting, and other events as assigned. With flexibility of style and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, the Global Marketing Events Manager will deploy meticulous attention to detail and deliver an exceptional standard of service to all events from inception to evaluation. This role has high visibility within the Firm, and interaction with both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute a diverse event portfolio of in person and virtual client-facing events from start to finish.
- Work closely with venue staff, conference services, or virtual event platform, preparing branded event materials, A/V and room set-up, manage speakers, registration, timing, client gifts/swag, and the training and supervision on-site support staff.
- Assist in determining event objectives; design short-term and long-term event action plans with the practice group leaders. Maintain project timelines, status reports, manage KPIs, and provide regular updates to key Firm stakeholders.
- Manage costs, executing the groups’ events on time, on budget, and subsequently assess the successes and ROI of each event.
- Research venues and vendors; develop in-person connections, maintain a robust venue and vendor network across varying price ranges, geographical areas, and styles.
- Independently operate virtual event platforms for webinars, symposia, virtual roundtables, on-demand sessions, and other formats as they arise.
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal stakeholders such as Design, Communications, Digital Marketing/CRM, Client Services, and IT for both in-person and virtual events, as needed.
- Oversee the event invitation process using Pardot (email marketing platform) to create invitations and Salesforce (CRM) to manage lists to maximize event awareness and attendance.
- Be a resource on event format options available. Evaluate the goal and objective of the presenters and offer guidance towards the appropriate strategy for the target audience.
- With the BD team, help identify and drive post-event opportunities including on-demand strategies, communications, and appropriate lawyer outreach. Compiling program feedback, sharing post-event recap with BD team.
- Track and maintain event data, including attendee lists, vendors, invitations, invoices, budgets, etc.
- Facilitate the procurement of custom branded event promotional items, gifts, and giveaways as required. Maintain stock, inventory, and availability of items as necessary.
- Manage the design and production of all event related materials including invitations, signage, and presentations, as well as related seminar materials, PowerPoint presentations, name badges, and promotional items.
- Understand process of CLE and industry accreditation.
- Working with Senior Marketing Events Manager, negotiate contracts with various suppliers and vendors.
- Ability to travel and work outside of office hours as required.
- Be familiar with the quality and best practice of events in the legal industry, particularly amongst competitors, industry trends, and the best approach for targeting existing and prospective clients, in order to aid in the development of client events.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, hospitality or related field is preferred.
- Minimum five years of event planning and project management experience in a corporate environment, preferably a law Firm or professional services organization.
- Extensive experience producing virtual events. Knowledge of Zoom and On24 strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge and network of New York and Boston-area venues, restaurants, and vendors strongly preferred.
- Highly service-oriented and able to work effectively with lawyers, professional services, and vendors regardless of event format.
- Ability to quickly learn protocols and procedures and operate in a large, fastpacked environment. Including the flexibility to pivot based on event needs.
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities, adapt as necessary, and apply sound judgment to a variety of situations, and remain calm under pressure.
- Identify and implement strategies for collecting relevant data to drive future decisions as related to events.
- Excellent organizational skills with a heightened attention to details, timelines, and accuracy.
- Strong technical prowess, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Familiarity with client relationship management (CRM) and email marketing/event invitation software, preferably Salesforce and/or Account Engagement.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed and/or work outside regular office hours as related to events, (e.g., early morning or evening events to accommodate various time zones).
- Collaborate as part of a team, as well as ability to work independently.
The expected salary range for this position is between $99,800 and $140,385. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.