M&A / Debt Finance Paralegal (Salt Lake City)
Essential Job Functions
The Salt Lake City office of our client is seeking an experienced corporate paralegal who will assist in the transactional area, supporting multiple corporate attorneys focusing in Mergers & Acquisitions and Debt Finance, and the overall corporate practice on a variety of deals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
Job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Drafts and files certificate of formation, certificate of incorporation, amendments, conversions, mergers, and dissolutions, typically for Delaware but also other jurisdictions
- Prepares and files qualification and withdrawal applications
- Prepares and files final annual reports in connection with conversions, mergers and dissolutions
- Drafts written board consents and written stockholder consents, including both organizational and transactional closing matters
- Drafts resolutions to be presented at a board meeting and/or stockholder meeting
- Drafts basic organizational documents, including initial stock subscription agreement, stock certificates and stock ledger
- Prepares minute book in connection with incorporation
- Maintains stock ledger
- Completes and files Form SS-4s to obtain EINs, as well as other tax related forms
- Drafts and compiles secretary’s certificate, support certificates and officer’s/closing certificate package including all exhibits
- Identifies whether company is in good standing, communicating any good standing issues to attorneys, and determines what actions are necessary to get back into good standing
- Handles distribution of signature pages
- Orders certified copies, good standing certificates and bring down letter
- Prepares and files UCC financing statements, amendments and termination statements
- Order lien searches and review lien search results and prepare lien summary
- Assists with closing, including handling signature pages and packets, filling in dates, tracking down final agreements and providing general support
- Manages distribution of original securities (e.g. stock certificates, unit certificates and notes)
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- The ideal candidate will possess experience in mergers & acquisition and debt finance.
- An ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of corporate paralegal experience with a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Additional qualifications include excellent analytical and organizational abilities, solid communication skills, strong computer abilities, creativity, and initiative.
- Overtime is required.
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- Paralegal certificate is preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and multifunction printers.