Litigation Support Project Manager
Litigation Support Project Manager
General Statement of Duties:
The Locke Lord Litigation Support Department provides eDiscovery and Project Management services to the Firm’s Litigation section utilizing proven tools and technologies to assist with the collection, processing, review and TAR for client data. The Litigation Support Project Manager manages the full litigation life-cycle, including eDiscovery and document review.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consult with attorneys, legal teams and clients to develop identification, preservation, and collection protocols in connection with litigation and regulatory administration matters
- Assist legal teams with the development and implementation of effective data culling, filtering and keyword strategies to reduce client materials to potentially responsive materials
- Assist legal teams with the development and use of data analytics and TAR
- Support document review projects
- Process, analyze and report metrics of large collections of data
- Monitor and keep apprised of case law developments in eDiscovery and litigation technology
- Assist with the professional development and mentoring of other Litigation Support Project Managers
- Work closely with legal teams to assist in the setup and management of eDiscovery databases for document review, analysis and production
- Maintain documentation regarding collection of electronic data collected from clients in connection with discovery obligations
- Organize and prepare data for loading, processing review and production by the technical team
- Assist legal teams to apply AI and sampling methodologies to reduce the overall cost of eDiscovery in dispute matters
- Assist the Firm in training lawyers on the Firm’s eDiscovery and case management platform
- Help prepare legal teams for trial, including the use of courtroom technologies, such as Trial Director, to load exhibits, depositions, and prepare video cuts to play at trial
- Prepare presentations and slide shows to help effectively educate jurors on case specifics and themes
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Certification by ACEDS (Association of Certified eDiscovery Specialists) or the ability to obtain certification within 1 year of hire date is required
- Minimum three years of e-discovery project management experience
- Strong knowledge of enterprise technology commonly used in corporate IT departments and email systems is preferred
- Strong grasp and knowledge of litigation technology, continuous active learning (CAL) methodologies and use of TAR strategies is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects with quality results
- Willingness to provide after hours, overtime, and weekend support as necessary
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively under rigorous deadlines in high-pressure situations
- Ability to exercise good judgment in sensitive or stressful situations
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to run hot-seat for trials
Supervisory Responsibility – None.
Work Environment – This position operates with a hybrid work from home and in-office schedule.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel – Little travel is expected for this position, but will be on an as-needed basis.