Litigation Practice Assistant (MN)
Litigation Practice Assistant
The Litigation Practice Assistant is responsible for administrative support for assigned attorneys including typing, filing, working with briefs, motions and pleadings; answering phone calls and scheduling appointments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of the processes of state and federal litigation.
- Knowledge of and experience with e‐filing, discovery, document production, trial procedures, document management, calendaring, case management, and client billing procedures.
- Review bills for accuracy and prepare transmittal letters to clients.
- Indexing and updating pleadings and discovery binders.
- Supporting legal research and communicating with vendors, experts, lawyers, opposing counsel, clients and staff.
- Type and edit documents from handwritten drafts and Dictaphone/Winscribe, including correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, etc. and proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of final work product.
- Answer phones, take accurate messages, routes calls appropriately and responds to all inquiries.
- Make photocopies and scan documents, as needed.
- Establish, update and maintain client and internal files. Retrieve information from files when needed.
- Reconcile and submit attorney expenses using Chrome River software.
- Maintain attorney calendars; coordinate the scheduling of meetings, and make reservations for same using Condeco software.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, organizational and problem‐solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Available to work overtime.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED
- 5 years’ experience as a litigation practice assistant
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
- Work is performed in a professional office environment and requires the following during the work day:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer)
- Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
- May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.).
In addition to the essential functions outlined above:
• Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their supervisor.
• This job description is subject to change at any time.