Litigation Docketing Specialist
Litigation Docketing Specialist
Our client has an immediate opening for a Litigation Docketing Specialist. The Litigation Docketing Specialist is responsible for the accurate review, entering, processing and tracking critical dates for all litigation related documents received. Responsibilities include maintaining the Litigation docketing systems maintained by the firm, including but not limited to, EDockets. The Litigation Docketing Specialist must have prior litigation docketing experience of at least 5 years and demonstrate high attention to detail, excellent execution and communication skills, and planning skills. The individual must be capable of organizing his/her workload, exercise independent judgment and discretion while working autonomously (seeking counsel when appropriate) and work under pressure often with competing priorities. Accurate and timely completion of responsibilities and tasks to ensure strict deadlines are adhered to and met is essential.
- Responsible for accurate review, processing and docketing all Litigation documents received from court orders, as well as arbitration review panels, as well as maintenance of Litigation records and related docket entries in EDockets.
- Responsible for entering and tracking critical dates with respect to litigation while discerning the appropriate information to enter into the docket in a timely accurate manner; interpreting official documents and correspondence to gather necessary information for entry into the docketing tracking systems.
- Processing and interpretation of incoming correspondence from secretaries, attorneys, clients and courts for entering into the Litigation docketing databases.
- Preparation of timely and accurate reports, searching for and retrieving filing information from websites if/when needed to maintain the integrity of the docketing databases.
- Promptly email relevant communications to the attorneys especially when mail is addressed to only Litigation Docketing while also saving documents to File Site.
- Regularly perform significant and recurring tasks with a high degree of priority, attention to detail and maintain follow-up on diverse activities – all in a timely, deadline-driven environment. Exercise good judgment in application of policies and practices in handling all matters handled by Litigation Docketing.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Docket Manager and Department Director.
- Perform monthly audits of Litigation Docketing Credit Cards and ensure all receipts entered are current and correct.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manger
- Ability to read and comprehend complex materials involving legal and technical matters
- Prior experience and knowledge of litigation areas of legal practice specifically in areas of Federal and state litigation, bankruptcy with a preference of experience and familiarity with the Texas Federal and State Courts
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly document and file information
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach.
- Supervisory Responsibility – This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Work Environment – This position operates in a professional office environment.
- Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Position Type/Expected Work Hours – This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel – Little to no travel is expected for this position.