Litigation Docketing Specialist
Litigation Docketing Specialist
The Litigation Docketing Specialist will perform all phases of updating and maintaining the Firm’s litigation docket and will ensure that docketed events are timely and accurately processed, using rules-based docketing software, and complying with risk management guidelines. This position will report directly to the Litigation Docketing Manager. The Litigation Docketing Specialist will be responsible for the offices to which they are assigned and will provide backup coverage as needed firm wide.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate in the docketing process by monitoring assigned docketing inboxes for receipt of docketing requests and coordinating with case team members as needed;
- Review and analyze docketing requests and associated documents and accurately calculate critical dates and related deadlines;
- Research dates when needed to supplement automated calculations;
- Update existing docket entries and review work product to ensure quality control;
- Generate and distribute various Docket Reports including customized reports;
- Maintain current knowledge of Federal, State and local rules and civil procedure;
- Provide continuing information and support to attorneys and support staff regarding docketing policies and docketing process;
- Collaborate with attorneys, paralegals, and practice assistants to analyze scheduling and deadlines, navigate ambiguous situations, and ask and answer questions;
- Work independently as well as with centralized docketing team members; and
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Exceptional command of the English language, and highly developed interpersonal skills, with ability to interact professionally with all levels of firm personnel, in a hybrid environment;
- Ability to work in a demanding fast-paced environment and strong time management skills;
- Positive service-oriented disposition and capacity to cultivate strong relationships;
- Self-starter with high-level initiative;
- Excellent reading comprehension, analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Sound judgment, ability to shift priorities, excellent planning and troubleshooting skills;
- Participate in professional organizations with a focus on docketing industry trends, innovation, educational sessions and peer networking.
- Experience using rules-based docketing software such as e-Dockets, CompuLaw or CourtAlert;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products;
- Strong attention to detail
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of five years of litigation docketing experience in a Law firm or in-house legal department
- Bachelor’s degree or a paralegal certification is a plus
Physical Demands of Position
Work is performed in a professional hybrid office environment and requires the following during the work day:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer).
- Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
- May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.).
In addition to the essential functions outlined above:
- Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their Manager.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
The pay for this position will be determined based on relevant skills, experience, education, external market data, internal equity, and other job-related factors. The anticipated pay range for this role is $65k to $85k annually.