Our client has an immediate opening for an associate attorney to join its St. Louis office. They are seeking an entry level (0-3 year) civil litigator for their mass & tort and general liability & casualty defense practice groups. Successful candidates will have exceptional research, writing, and litigation skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactive case management from start to finish in both state and federal courts.
- Drafting of pleadings, written discovery, motions, and research therefore.
- Frequent client communications and reporting.
- Comprehensive legal analysis, case evaluations, and strategy recommendations.
- Expert witness coordination and collaboration.
- Deposition, court hearing, and mediation attendance.
- Trial preparation and attendance
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice in Missouri and Illinois.
- 0-3 years litigation experience in both state and federal courts.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to manage caseload proactively from start to finish.
- Strong work ethic, ability to self-manage and work in a team environment.
- Strong research ability and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to deliver exceptional client service and contribute to continued client development.