Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal Administrative Assistant
- Minimum two to five years related experience. Light litigation experience required.
- High school diploma is required.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail, ability to multitask in a high paced environment, and manage deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to manage workflow and delegate projects as necessary.
- Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with various levels of staff within the organization.
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively with other employees.
- Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary. Adapt to using new equipment such as a computer, duplicating machines, and scanners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal administrative support, performing litigation tasks on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate and maintain effective office procedures and efficient work flow, comply with policies and procedures set by the Firm, establish and maintain harmonious working relationships, and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Work effectively with other legal administrative assistants within the office; provide occasional coverage to the secretarial team when needed and volunteer for overflow work assignments when time permits; must be able to collaborate and work in a shared work space and be accessible to both lawyers and other secretaries.
- Schedule client meetings, reserve conference rooms, coordinate audio visual equipment and food needs via CovReservations. Register Firm guests through Passage Point. Coordinate all aspects of lawyers’ travel arrangements (domestic and international) and prepare travel itineraries, monitor and process travel reimbursements in a timely manner, maintain Outlook calendar, and monitor crucial due dates for lawyers as required.
- Organize, coordinate, and communicate pertinent information with other team members. Monitor lawyers’ incoming emails as directed and when required. Answer phones and direct callers as required. Receive, register, and assist visitors as required.
- Type, revise and proofread general correspondence, memos, legal documents, reports in Excel, etc. from various sources.
- Prepare draft communication outlined by lawyer as required. Ensure accuracy and clarity of all work product in a timely manner.
- Utilize iManage document management system effectively as a central repository for all matterrelated documents.
- Establish and maintain records of documentation in searchable electronic formats (hard copies only when necessary). File hard copy data and documents as necessary in a timely manner. Retrieve information from storage as requested. Send paper files to storage on a periodic basis.
- Use Records Management System to process files for storage and retrieval. Update subscription books as required.
- Maintain lawyers’ time in 3E, proofread, and submit finalized time to Accounting on a daily basis (unless client directs otherwise). Maintain knowledge of client requirements for billing and prepare client billing as required. Prepare New Business Matters and update list of client/matter codes. Maintain and follow through on all client billing matters.
- Maintain appropriate sense of urgency and complete all work assignments within agreed upon deadlines.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date lawyer preference information supported by the secretarial team reflecting specific instructions and expectations of the lawyers.
- Coordinate any planned time out of the office (PTO) with Team members prior to submitting request to Director of Administration for approval.
- Deliver timesheets to Director of Administration for approval in a timely manner. All overtime must be pre-approved by Director of Administration.
- Mandatory participation in the LAA Certification Program.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Perform other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the Department.
The salary range for this position is between $70,000 and $100,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.