Our client is looking for a Lateral Analyst for their LA, Houston, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, DC, KC office.
The ability to work in flexible and fast paced environment with changing priorities is required. Candidate must be capable of working within a team environment and independently, and skilled at working with all levels with great attention to detail. A bachelor’s degree is preferred and a minimum of two years of experience in law firms working with Conflicts and Laterals is experience is highly preferred. Seeking critical thinkers with great attention to detail. Flexibility required. Available to work weekends and after-hours as needed.
- Ability to gather relevant information using internet, library and other research databases, interpret and evaluate the data, and make informed decisions.
- Develop sound, practical solutions and make timely decisions; provide creative solutions to difficult tasks.
- Produce quality written documents which clearly convey the subject and major points; adapts written communications to suit particular situations and audience needs.
- Effectively explain, describe or convey ideas verbally in a clear, concise and open manner, with a professional demeanor. Actively engages in conversations in order to clearly understand others’ messages and receive and process feedback.
- Work cooperatively within a group to ensure that internal and external customers are satisfied. The desire to understand client concerns and build trust.
- Develop and maintain relationships with others; to work with others toward a common goal by working cooperatively, developing positive relationships, and providing information and assistance willingly.
- Apply comprehensive planning and organizing strategies to ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Understand and effectively use the technologies provided; use initiative to apply technologies to new contexts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced department.
- Review and understand lateral hire questionnaires, ability to search data from questionnaires and communicate with Lateral Team/Conflicts Counsel, NBI Director and NBI Manager.
- Maintain functional knowledge of New Business Intake concepts, research, party strategies, and analysis of data and compilation of material; able to back-up NBI work as needed.
- Maintain client and employee confidence; protects operations by safeguarding confidential information; maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word applications and the use of online databases and resources (e.g., Dun & Bradstreet, SOS websites, etc.).
- After-hours availability as needed.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity and expression, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The salary for this role is $70,000- $77,000, depending on experience.