Our client has an opening for an Information Technology (IT) Analyst in the Washington DC office. The IT Analyst provides quality and consistent front-line, technical end user support services in a professional and responsive manner; including troubleshooting assistance, problem resolution via telephone, remote desktop connection and/or visits to user locations. Individual must take ownership and provide timely resolution of all incident tickets and change orders. This position interacts directly with other IT groups to determine the proper solution to an issue, set up for quality assurance testing of new hardware and software for existing and new users and performs other related duties.
The hours for this position are 10:00am to 6:30pm Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs installs, moves and changes to office layout for PC's, software, printers, phones and network components.
- Communicates effectively, provides guidance and technical support for workstations, applications, procedures and break fix items; works with users, remote team members and peer groups across the organization to complete assigned work.
- Owns and provides timely resolution of all incident tickets and change orders.
- Interacts directly, when needed, with the network engineers, enterprise application administrators and engineers, other office support teams, litigation support, application developers, information security, application support and training, and procurement and inventory tracking to determine the proper remediation for an issue.
- Sets up and quality assurance tests new hardware and software for existing and new end-users in the firm.
- Provides exceptional customer service and support to the Firm and the Firm’s clients.
- Maintains expert knowledge level in the areas:
- Firm applications; including, but not limited to, electronic messaging, document management, financial systems, human resource systems, and practice support applications, i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Firm’s remote access and mobile computing environment, including, but not limited to: internet access, VPN access, Mobile Device Management, wireless, cable and DSL connectivity, and Citrix.
- Firm’s phone, voice conferencing and video conferencing systems; Microsoft PC OS operation and configuration and desktop, laptop, and peripheral hardware set-up, configuration and trouble shooting.
- Utilizes trouble-shooting skills to resolve issues with software, hardware, printers, network connectivity, remote access and other peripherals.
- Provides desk side support on escalated issues when unable to remote control into computer.
- Provides immediate expert level support for the configuration of workstations, laptops, and standard and non-standard software applications used by the firm.
- Installs and configures software applications as required. Liaison with hardware and software manufacturers to resolve issues.
- Prepares new and replacement PCs and laptops for the end-users.
- Escalates to and partners with Network Operations, Enterprise Systems, and Applications Development staff to resolve network and/or application issues.
- Documents in detail the resolutions to issues in the Help Desk Knowledge base.
- Participates in floor support for major system changes, rollouts of new software, hardware, and system enhancements.
- Coordinates with other IT groups to research, test, deploy, document, and upgrade new and existing hardware and software.
- Participates in setting up, testing, and supporting Trial Sites for the Firm.
- Supports, monitors, implements and complies with firm policies and procedures as pertains to the Information Technology Department.
- Meets deadlines for deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Additional training/certification in relevant area of study strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician certification a plus.
- A minimum of three (3) years of desktop support experience.
- Proven ability to offer high level desktop support in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge and experience with law firm specific applications is preferred. Previous employment in legal information technology is preferred.
- Experience in providing workstation support in a Microsoft environment and implementing, maintaining, and supporting Windows operating systems and MS Office application suites.
- Technical experience configuring and supporting workstations, laptops, printers, and related equipment required.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to successfully perform tasks independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the firm with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional client service, both internal and external.
- Flexibility to work alternate shifts and overtime as determined by the Manager.