Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal
IP Litigation Paralegal
The Palo Alto office of our client has an opening for a Paralegal with experience in Intellectual Property Litigation.
The Paralegal applies knowledge of the litigation lifecycle and its associated procedures to provide fundamental assistance to lawyers.
In this capacity, the Paralegal will:
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work;
- Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Under the supervision of an attorney, coordinate, organize, prepare and interpret complex legal documents related to IP litigation matters; build and maintain relevant databases and files; file documents and provide copies to relevant parties;
- Organize, review, and maintain IP documents and case files; compile documents for filing with courts and agencies, including the International Trade Commission (“ITC”);
- Process and manage confidential client information using eDiscovery tools, extranets, and similar, including for source code review, document review, and document production;
- Conduct searches of production databases for relevant documents and other related eDiscovery tasks;
- Assist attorneys with preparation of materials for depositions;
- Perform factual research in internal and external databases and libraries;
- Coordinate trial preparation; attend trial and provide support to attorneys at court and agency hearings; coordinate logistics, including local/remote set-up and travel arrangements;
- Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Direct work and train team members;
- Coordinate with other areas/departments of the Firm where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures/communications to streamline processes and satisfy various department needs;
- Work overtime as required; travel as required, and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- Proficiency in the preparation of motions in limine, jury instructions, verdict forms, and other pretrial materials;
- Proficiency in the preparation of witness lists, exhibits, and trial binders;
- Trial experience, including experience with the ITC (preferred);
- Experience utilizing eDiscovery tools such as Relativity, Ringtail, Nuix, Concordance, and others (preferred);
- Knowledge of source code review procedures, including security/confidentiality protocols, procedural requirements e.g. client and firm extranets, and similar (preferred);
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
- Proficiency with transcript management applications (LiveNote) (preferred);
- Proficiency in online research databases (LexisNexis/Westlaw) and internet search sources;
- Proficiency in utilizing PACER, CM/ECF, EDIS, and USPTO websites (preferred);
- Strong knowledge of Litigation-specific procedures and terminology;
- Strong knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures;
- Proficiency with timekeeping and expense reporting applications; and
- Strong knowledge of legal billing processes.
- At least 2 years of Paralegal experience (required);
- At least 1 year of IP litigation experience (required); and
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
The salary wage range that they expect to pay for this position is a minimum of $75,100 and a maximum of $106,100 annually. The actual pay wage may vary based on experience or other relevant factors.
Eligible employees can participate in the Firm’s comprehensive benefits program, which include the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Long Term Care, and Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary 401k plan and profit sharing
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a generous PTO program
- Family Support including Paid Parental Leave and Fertility coverage
- Bright Horizons (Back-up child care, elder care and online tutoring)
- Dependent Care
- Wellness programs (Employee Assistance Program, mental health and well-being events)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Professional Development Programs
- Transportation Allowance and Commuter Benefits
- Auto/Home/Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- And more!