Insurance Coverage Associate (Mid), NYC
Mid Level Associate – Insurance Coverage
Our client, recently ranked as a Leading Firm in The Legal 500 US 2021, the guide to outstanding firms and lawyers across the United States is seeking Associates with 3-7 years' insurance coverage litigation experience to join its New York team. In this role, the attorney will represent insurance companies in coverage disputes and advise insurance companies in a variety of coverage matters. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing global law firm.
The ideal candidate should have experience litigating in New York and Federal Court under general liability policies – such as Labor Law claims; construction defect claims; personal and advertising injury claims; and contribution claims.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
- Minimum of 3 years law firm insurance coverage' and litigation experience
- Must be licensed in New York
- Licensed in New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Delaware a huge plus
- Superior research, writing and communication skills
- Experience analyzing insurance policies and other relevant contracts
- Ability to handle all phases of the litigation process including drafting motions, pleadings, initial disclosures, discovery demands, discovery responses and other court documents
- Experience in drafting settlement agreements, taking depositions, conference and handling appeals
- Proven and solid courtroom experience conferences and handling appeals
- Arbitration and/or trial experience is beneficial