Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst
Summary: The Information Security Analyst will be part of the Cybersecurity Operations Group and will report to the Director of Information Security & Assurance. This position will be responsible for maintaining continuous monitoring of the networking environment for malicious activities, threat detection and response.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity or related field preferred, not required.
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH are preferred certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Information Security and/or Cybersecurity professional role.
- Knowledge of cyber defense practices and cyber-attack techniques across computing platforms.
- Knowledge of information security policy, standards and industry recognized best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use cyber defense tools for continual monitoring of systems to identify malicious activity.
- Analyze identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses that can be exploited, exploitation methods, and the potential effects on systems and information if compromised.
- Analyze suspicious email to determine threats with possible malicious intent.
- Monitor various cyber threat consoles, and receive threat alerts and event notifications upon detection of malicious/suspicious activity.
- Detonate suspicious files and URL’s in malware sandboxes and analyze results for actionable tasks.
- Monitor email content filtering appliances for quarantined messages and files that need to be analyzed for possible threats.
- Analyzes audit logs for exceptions to policy, and data loss prevention events.
- Monitor firewall intrusion detection and prevention solutions for threat identification.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the network to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed threat or attack.
- Perform cyber defense trend analysis and reporting. Triage SIEM notables by investigating various network logs to identify potential threats to systems, applications, infrastructure and operational processes.
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Assists with cybersecurity incident response activities.
- Successfully sets priorities, performs tasks in an orderly fashion, and meet time deadlines.
The expected salary range for this position is between $83,500 and $88,100. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.