Information Governance Analyst
Information Governance Analyst
The Information Governance Analyst is responsible for implementing the Firm's strategic plan relating to the effective management of client information. This plan involves a portfolio of initiatives that include but are not limited to the organization of outbound and inbound information and the efficient application of established retention practices in accordance with Firm policy.
This role requires extensive knowledge of legal recordkeeping, both physical and electronic; experience with technology solutions related to records management, and tactical project skills to ensure the integrity of records and related metadata over the required lifecycle of records as information systems are upgraded or replaced. In conjunction with the Governance/Records team, the position will be responsible for initiatives and projects which span all offices, practice areas, and internal administrative departments including working with attorneys, legal staff, and administration.
The Analyst is expected to perform all duties with a commitment to superior service, quality work product, and an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Analyst must fulfill the needs of the Offices in a manner that is consistent with the Firm's visions and values.
- Evaluate and review current information governance processes in order to develop standardized practices across offices, consistent with appropriate regional needs and requirements, to improve efficiency and adherence to Firm data management practices.
- Develop best practices for records information management (RIM), electronically stored information (ESI) and information governance (IG) operations, including providing input on the use of technology solutions including workflows, integrations and analytics.
- Work with IT, Records and legal professionals to create, organize and document the processes with which data is collected, shared, utilized, protected, cleaned and stored, while enhancing efficiency and saving the Firm from inaccurate data handling and data corruption.
- Provide guidance to ensure imported data is filed to official repositories in a timely manner and temporary copies disposed regularly and data exports are within compliance guidelines. Assist in preparing and archiving requests, inventory and release-approvals.
- Maintain access controls for data stored at the firm that would be applied to all areas of the enterprise where data is stored.
- Special projects involving data management as assigned by Director of Information Governance.
- Have working knowledge on modern governance and compliance tools found in M365, MS Teams and team provisioning, Varonis (or similar) and/or other tools used to manage electronic data.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Subject matter expert for Information Governance and represent department in projects involving data storage or access.
- Meet with new personnel for InfoGov overview as necessary.
- Process access requests to secured data.
- Identify locations of unstructured data on the network, organize and the migrate data, as appropriate, to official repositories or prepare for disposition.
- Minimum 3+ years of records and data management experience, preferably in a law firm environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Dependable team player, able to follow written and oral instructions, and excellent judgment about when escalation is necessary or appropriate.
- Able to identify and analyze complex data-related issues to recommend solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information.
- Superior time management skills, including the ability to set priorities, flex with changes in requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle pressure in a constructive and positive manner and contribute to creative resolution of problems as they arise.
- Demonstrated initiative, and commitment to professional growth for self and others.
The salary range for this position is between $85,000 and $95,000. The actual base salary offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.